Taiwan, Province of China
Handles all wing-to-wing tax reporting and tax accounting processes including forecasting, tax provision, compliance and settlement.
- Liaise with local business tax teams with regard to tax compliance work and be the interface between finance teams and external tax team, if any, regarding collection, preparation and analysis of financial data, legal documents and other relevant information required for local tax return filings for local tax audits under other statutory and/or regulatory rules
- Prepare/review quarterly tax provision for businesses/divisions under your care, prepare/review annual RTA, perform ASC740 and ETR analysis, validate tax balance sheet accounts, coordinate with businesses and local tax team with respect to valuation allowance and FIN48 reserve analysis
- Prepare tax account reconciliations and ensure that the tax balances are well supported with work papers
- Prepare, track and instruct tax payments
- Prepare & draft estimated tax computation for entities which are required to file an estimated chargeable income for tax payment purposes
- Prepare draft tax computation for entities in accordance to the S2T workpapers and local tax regulation
- Ensure that all legal entities meet filing obligations on timely & accurate basis. Update internal filing tracker and upload supporting documents/update STIR
- Compile information required to draft statutory disclosures, co-ordinate completion of tax disclosures, co-ordinate statutory audit and resolve queries raised
- Gathering relevant financial information to calculate and ensure relevant intra group pricing of products and services – compliance with GE’s Transfer Pricing policies.
- Preparation and booking of tax balance sheets for local tax purposes and deferred tax purposes under guidance of local corporate tax team
- Support the country Tax CIT and VAT audits
- Support the business on ad-hoc projects
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Written and verbal fluency in English and Chinese
• 2-3 years work experience or in similar capacity in a Global Business / Shared Service Center, MNC or auditing firm in a compliance focus role
• Strong expertise in direct and indirect tax processes, compliance, and tax accounting
• Good working knowledge in a multinational environment
• Experience in a CIT organization serving different countries
• Good analytical skills & ability to technically discuss with local/regional business controllers, country Stat & Tax leader, local Corporate CIT Leaders and auditors where necessary,
• Flexible approach with a strong team spirit
• Effective interpersonal skills and highly professional style when dealing with business clients
• Experienced with accounting systems
• Knowledgeable of intermediate to advance MS Excel and Access are required skills
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to work independently. Strong problem solving skills.
The Gas Power Tax Team is a component of the Power business. The tax team is in charge of providing tax services to the legal entities operated by the GE affiliates across the Asia countries in contact with the local/regional business controllership teams and the external tax teams.
Taiwan, Province of China