As Staff Software Engineer for GE Healthcare Data Strategy, you are responsible for building the next generation data sharing platform for enabling online data collaboration and search capability to allow users to quickly identify, view, and download data for use in AI development activities. You will work with our product team to understand the requirements and convert into design and implementation for serving our customers.
In this role, you will:
• Act as a member of GE Digital’s Health Cloud team, representing the face of high quality design and development practices
• Develop high performing, scalable and innovative end-to-end web services and solutions
• Collaborate with product team, software developers and testing team to implement and document solutions that are aligned with and extend our portfolio of platform services and solutions
• Write code that complies with company and regulatory standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Create standardized APIs and infrastructure to help facilitate the successful adoption of your services by other internal and external parties.
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, software and product quality, security, application scaling, good documentation practices, refactoring and testing techniques
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
• Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
• Promotes transparency by proactively sharing design choices with appropriate audiences, with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in Software Development OR Master’s degree with 8 years of experience in Software Development
• Technical expertise in System Software Design, Data Structures and Software Reliability
• Experience with public cloud infrastructures such as AWS or Azure
• Experience developing web applications (Spring, Java, Junit, Python, NodeJS, C#, GO)
• Experience with SQL and No SQL database such as MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, HBase, Cassandra
• Expert understanding of functional and nonfunctional requirements
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills. A big part of this job is communicating effectively with other development, cross functional teams in a global environment
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework.
• Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, multi-process architecture, Python data structures, and Python packaging
• Familiarity with implementing cloud solutions with Python
• Strong debugging and unit testing skills using a well-known and accepted unit testing framework
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools and CI/CT/CD processes
• Experience with numpy, scipy, open-cv, imageio, matplotlib, pillow and other python libraries is a PLUS
• Experience with Analytics, machine learning or Medical Imaging is a PLUS.
• Have a solid understanding of the underlying infrastructure needed to run a large distributed web application
• Expert in defining work break down structure of all deliverables and estimates them for sizing
• Has the ability to make basic technology comparison and decisions based on pros and cons
• Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry is plus
• Has the ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
• Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence decisions
• Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
• Learns organization vision statement and decision-making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
• Demonstrate the ability to help team members
• Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present
• Identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas. Takes the initiative to experiment with new software frameworks
• Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources
GE Healthcare has a global installed base of more than 4 million imaging, mobile diagnostic and monitoring units. In 2019, this business including BioPharma generated approximately $19.9 billion of revenue. As world leaders in pharmaceutical diagnostics for medical imaging, over 90 million patients depend on us every year. It’s this scale and geographic presence that makes this business so exciting and gives us the ability to serve customers and innovate new solutions to meet local needs.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.