You’ll design large-scale enterprise networking solutions and provide network build support. You’ll partner with GE businesses across the globe to that meet the critical needs of a workforce of 300,000 employees in 180 countries. Engage network deployment vendors and operations organizations to successfully implement solutions
· Collaborate with Network Principal Technologists, Product Teams and Subject Matter Experts to bring cutting edge networking technology to the environment by assisting to driving New Technology Introduction efforts as we moved to a software defined network.
· Design and build solutions based on company network standards, cutting-enterprise challenges including distributing workloads across multiple public and private cloud environments, and an increasingly externally connected workforce.
· Engage network deployment vendors and operations organizations to successfully implement solutions and transition to operations.
· Mentor other team members to develop their technical expertise.
· Effectively communicate to all levels of the organization including SMEs, Principal Technologist, CTO, CIOs, etc.
· Review new design and architecture standards and provide input to enhance quality and ensure standards can be operationalized.
· Provide core competencies in complex enterprise wide area networking, multi-protocol network transport techniques, LAN switches and Layer 4-7 content switching, routing and load-balancing.
· Provide subject matter expertise in all Network services to support the GE business teams.
· Partner with the businesses and teams to provide cost effective network solutions meeting business requirements and company strategic direction for networks.
· Provide L4 on-call or out of hours support if required.
· Provide direct technical and engineering project support to the GE businesses for their specific local and global requirements.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college or university, relevant experience or equivalent knowledge and experience.
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
· Proven years of experience supporting large enterprise network infrastructure at a Fortune 500 company.
· Proven years of experience in a primary design or architecture role in network and security infrastructure.
· Cisco Certifications such as CCNP, CCDP, CCIE, CISSP, CCDE. Desired.
· Similar certifications in areas related to network virtualization or internet working solutions also a plus!
· Multiple years of experience. Designing/implementing/supporting Cisco route/switching, Cisco ASA firewall or F5 LTMs.
· Leverages communication and collaboration to solve problems with global peers across various functions.
· Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities.
· Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; has experience working with others on a global basis; applies knowledge to coach and mentor others.
· Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships and creates processes with customer viewpoint .
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.