GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Digital
You will work as a valued team member of an Agile software team driving a culture of developing high quality software products meeting customer needs in a competitive and exciting work environment. As a software quality leader and member, you will contribute to the teams' delivery of high quality software through quality analysis, collaboration with Agile Scrum Teams around quality, test automation, and more. From requirements through design, code development, testing and release.
As a Sr. Staff QA Engineer, you will:
· Responsible for designing Software Testing Strategy and partnering with Agile Scrum Teams
· Has the vision to understand, design and integrate quality within SDLC
· Responsible for driving the Software Quality Engineering efforts across unit, module, system and user acceptance testing
· Leads impact assessment and decision related to Software Quality Engineering plan and strategy for the whole release
· Ensure software code quality is maintained and organized with automation
· Provides expertise in continuous integration process and test automation while mentoring and training team members in the process.
· Support other GE Businesses with growing technical expertise
· Form requirements through design, code development, testing and release.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM)
· Minimum of ten years of mix between software development and software QA, or equivalent
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Minden, NV
· Must be willing to travel
· Expert in programming languages such as C, C++, C#, Java, XAML, HTML5
· Expert knowledge of relational databases and query languages such as SQL
· Expert knowledge of object-oriented programming
· Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
· Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
· Provides expertise in Design, Architecture, Development and Shipping from Quality Engineering perspective
· Drive pair programming practices and code reviews across the team
· Drives initiatives to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
· Drives transparency by proactively sharing design choices with appropriate audiences, with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
· Demonstrates skilled understanding of functional and nonfunctional requirements and their priority within the backlog
· Deep familiarity with Test Driven Development and experience in automated API based testing
· Deep familiarity with Agile concepts, preferably Scrum
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong business analysis and problem-solving skills
· Drives compliance with products & processes to assure business compliance
· Ability to measure and synergize trends, taking appropriate action relative to product value position and overall strategy
· Ability to expertly interact at all levels of the organization and with other GE businesses
· Drives problem analysis and resolution skills across teams and functions
· Ability to work with cross-functional teams to help build effective processes
· Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
· Articulates the story, uses two-way communication and influences outcomes and ongoing results
· Can effectively manage multiple work streams and demonstrate critical thinking skills
· Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analytical skills and best practices
· Influences and energizes others toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal in the face of unfavorable odds and setbacks
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.