Power Grid Solutions
Responsible for advanced Power Systems Application software development and successful delivery of assigned functions to meet corporate project/product commitments. The responsibilities include: working with Electric Utilities or ISOs (Independent System Operators) and Transmission and Distribution System Operators on functional software specifications, designing, coding, testing, integration, application tuning and delivery.
· Act as a member and leader in Software Center of Excellence, representing the face of high quality design and development practices. Implement new functionalities in power system application software which includes EMS (Energy Management System) and DTS (Dispatcher Training Simulator) applications.
· Provide maintenance of power systems application functionality; including code fixes, documentation, and user interfaces.
· Collaborate with system/project engineers, frontend developers and EMS and DMS application developers to implement solutions that are aligned with product direction.
· Consults with other technical leads to ensure that project-related system design guidelines are being followed. Responsible for writing EMS Functional Software Designs.
· Provides input to technical lead on schedules and cost estimates.
· Interfaces with customers on general and specific issues within area of functional expertise.
· Provides marketing support for proposals and demonstrations to potential customers.
· Mentors interns and junior staff.
· Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering with thesis or related work in power systems.
· Requires Three (3) years development or project delivery experience in related field.
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
· Work and/or academic experience in the power systems area.
· Excellent programming skills in C++, Java or other related language, as required. Good understanding of database operation.
· Excellent knowledge of assigned technical area and a strong understanding of the EMS software.
· Good understanding of power systems and/or energy management systems with focus on transmission Network Applications like State Estimation, Contingency Analysis, Optimal Power Flow or Dispatcher training Simulator
· Knowledge and experience with electric utility industry practices
· Strong knowledge of customer perspective and needs.
· Proven software design skills at the application and technical area level.
· Ability to see integration issues and to preclude schedule impacts.
· Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to write professional and technical reports and procedures. Ability to make formal and informal presentation to technical and non-technical staff and customers.
· Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
· Demonstrates a high degree of personal and professional integrity.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.