Description de l'offre
Power Grid Solutions
You will support good collaboration between Design and Technology as well as understand and advocate the importance of human-centered design and the implications of technology on experiences. You will be responsible for the implementation of HTML5 web applications—displays, components and infrastructure.
Depending on active projects ongoing in the team, you will work independently, or in conjunction with user experience designers and subject matter experts, to implement operational solutions used by Electric and Oil & Gas Utilities.
· Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
· Effectively influence new ways of thinking about product/service design opportunities to cross-functional teams
· Work with user experience designers, product owners, and subject matter experts (SMEs) to understand product requirements & vision
· Support and participate in user-centered activities to observe and discuss feedback from end users
· Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
· Apply principles of good software design, SDLC Agile (Scrum) methodology, CI/CD, and practices like refactoring, TDD, etc., to deliver high-quality, robust, secure, and exceptional software
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Design, or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
· A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in web-based technologies
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Able to create moderately interactive prototypes (in code) to express interactive design ideas based upon user and stakeholder input and feedback.
· Able to independently translate designs (e.g. wireframes, mock-ups, and requirements documents) to engineering teams
· Some occasional travel (1-3 times per year) may be required.
· Strong understanding of Front-End Frameworks (e.g. Angular.js, Ember.js, React, etc.) and best practices for architecting large scale web applications
· 2+ years experience with frameworks such as Angular or React. Ideally Angular 2 exposure.
· Experience with Web Components and Web Component libraries (e.g. Polymer)
· Experience with relevant tooling (package managers, module loaders, bundlers, task runners, etc.) with the ability to articulate the pros / cons of different scenarios and use
· Experience with testing approaches and tools (e.g. Jasmine, Karma, Selenium, Protractor, etc.)
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.