Sr Software Engineer
Description de l'offre
GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Digital
The Sr Software Engineer will work as a valued team member of an Agile software development team and will work developing high quality software products that meet or exceed customer expectations in a competitive and exciting work environment. As a team member, you will be a leader and contribute to the teams' delivery of high quality software from design, code development, testing and then through release.
As a Sr Software Engineer, you will:
· Be accountable to functional business for project objectives
· Be a member of a New Product Introduction (NPI) team developing engineering solutions that meet product solutions
· Ensure code quality is maintained and organized with automation
· Support other GE Businesses with growing technical expertise
· Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM)
· Minimum of three years of software development or equivalent
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Minden, NV
· Must be willing to travel
· Extensive experience in languages such as C++, C#, AngularJS, Java, XAML, HTML5
· Experience with and excellent working ability of object-oriented programming techniques and design
· Experience with and knowledge of relational databases
· Experience with mobile device hardware and software (e.g., iOS, Android, etc.)
· Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
· Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
· Drive pair programming practices and code reviews across the team
· Demonstrates awareness or product positioning and key differentiators
· Demonstrates initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
· Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using appropriate chosen language
· Promotes transparency by proactively sharing design choices with appropriate audiences, with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
· Demonstrates skilled understanding of functional and nonfunctional requirements and their priority within the backlog
· Deep familiarity with Test Driven Development and experience in automated API based testing
· Deep familiarity with Agile concepts, preferably Scrum
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong business analysis and problem-solving skills
· Evaluates products & processes to assure business compliance
· Ability to measure the impact of trends, taking appropriate action relative to product value position and overall strategy
· Ability to communicate and interact at all levels of the organization as well as with other internal GE businesses or external businesses
· Ability to work with cross-functional teams to help build effective processes
· Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
· Articulates the story, uses two-way communication and influences outcomes and ongoing results
· Can effectively manage multiple work streams and demonstrate critical thinking skills
· Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analytical skills and best practices
· Influences and energizes others toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal in the face of unfavorable odds and setbacks
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only full-stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Voici d'autres offres qui pourraient te plaire
À propos de General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.