GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Grid Solutions
Responsible for testing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Contributes to quality engineering discussions. Owns medium sized quality engineering tasks; and delivers while mentoring and helping team members.
· Makes technology choices at individual level and has ability to analyze impact.
· Applies principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
· Expert in core data structures and algorithms. Integrates project testing with continuous-integration process.
· Works with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions. Demonstrates the ability to understand, debug and contribute to code base.
· Demonstrates the ability to drive team change for the betterment of the product quality.
· Provides expertise in the quality engineering, test planning and testing methodology for a software project.
· Provide mentorship to junior level engineers and help them grow to the next level.
· Develops and executes maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) and/or equivalent experience
· Strong experience in software testing design and execution including manual and automated testing, coding, execution, and debugging of functional, non-functional, and integration testing
· Relevant experience in application software development, coding, and debugging including unit testing techniques
· English advanced level
· Advanced experience with back-end API and UI automated testing with focus on API testing
· Experience with REST/SOAP API testing
· Experience testing with both desktop and Web/Angular applications
· Advanced experience with programming and scripting
· Experience with programming languages, such as Python, Java, C#, .NET, Perl and Groovy
· Hands-on experience with Software testing tools, such as Katalon Studio, Nose (python), Fitness, White, Cucumber, Selenium, SOAPUI, UFT/QTP, FlaUI
· Test management tools, such as qTest, HP/Mercury Quality Centre
· Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and VM labs
· Experience with Windows and Linux required
· Accuracy and attention to details
· Strong problem-solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
· Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development and testing activities
· Ability to prioritize work assignments and shift work efforts based on the needs of the department or business goals
· Able to work under minimal supervision and be self-motivated
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
· Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
· Skilled in mentoring team members
· Self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends; understanding of the latest trends and their role in a commercial environment
· Preferred experience in the Energy Transmission and Distribution sector
GE Renewable Energy harnesses the earth’s most abundant resources – the strength of the wind, the heat of the sun and the force of water – to power the world’s biggest economies and the most remote communities.
With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that create industry-leading value for our customers around the world.
We see the promise of renewable energy everywhere we look. Our team has the courage, scale, passion, diversity and resourcefulness needed to deliver that promise wherever and however the world needs it
Together with our customers, we’re proving that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or sustainable energy.
We are unleashing limitless energy.
Follow us atwww.ge.com/renewableenergy or on twitter @GErenewables.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .