Healthcare Global Supply Chain
Position will serve as the local owner for sourcing for the assigned commodity(s) and business segments. These responsibilities include the development, communication and execution of strategies to ensure realization of the business objectives for assigned commodity within the purchase family, which includes the Cost of Bill of Materials, Target Costing and Should-Be Costing activities. This may include global commodity responsibility.
• Leading the development & execution of the local sourcing strategies that delivers a competitive advantage driving the strategic supplier initiatives. This includes supplier selection, development, and supplier consolidation to ensure sourcing optimization and overall supplier performance.
• Leading sourcing execution for assigned commodity(s) or suppliers, including full accountability for buy and meeting deflation targets.
• Performing detailed cost analysis of components & manufacturing processes used by our suppliers to ensure highest quality at the lowest cost solution.
• Monitoring supplier quality and delivery performance and developing improvement strategies to ensure business needs are met.
• Partnering with key business stakeholders to ensure sourced material and services meet the needs of the business.
• Driving improvements in sourcing processes including escalations due to delivery/quality issues, invoicing/payables issues, and database management.
1. Bachelor’s Degree.
2. 3 years work experience with technical depth/knowledge in assigned commodities, or 3 years of Commercial Sourcing, Supply Chain or Engineering experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
2. Minimum of 7 years of commercial sourcing experience in all facets of the assigned commodities
3. Excellent negotiations skills and analytical skills with the ability to manage and develop supplier relationships
4. Ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within an organization
5. Proven ability to execute and deliver on commitments
6. Experience implementing a compliant supply chain
7. Greenbelt certification preferred
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.