Description de l'offre
Transportation Digital Solutions
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience developing and shipping web services in a large-scale, distributed environment. Top notch Java coding skills, strong software design experience and exposure to monitoring and maintaining web services are a must.
• Act as a member of the Software Center of Excellence, representing the face of high quality design and development practices
• Develop high performing, scaling and innovative end-to-end micro services.
• Collaborate with system engineers, frontend developers and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Writes codes that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Build features such as web services and Queries on existing tables
• Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
• Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using language of choice
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• Minimum 3 years of programming/software engineering experience utilizing JAVA/J2EE
• Proficiency building RESTful web services with Java and Spring MVC.
• Experience with relational and non-relational databases; designing schemas
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and coding principles
• Experience working on Agile teams leveraging test driven development, pair programming, and continuous integration.
• Experience developing applications in micro service-oriented architecture and event-driven architectures (MQTT, Kafka, RabbitMQ)
• Experience developing application using AWS (EC2, VPC, S3, and AWS CLI)
• Being a committer or a contributor to an open source project is a plus.
• Experience with NoSQL Databases (Cassandra, Elasticsearch) and Relational DBs (Postgres, MySQL)
• 2 years of experience with modern tooling (Eclipse / IntelliJ, Maven, NPM, Grunt, Git, Chef, Cloud Foundry, etc.)
• 1 year of experience developing backend applications using Spring
• Have a solid understanding of the underlying infrastructure needed to run a large distributed web application
• Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Has the ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
• Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry
• Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
• Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
• Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
• Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.