GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
The Lead Field Service Technician (FST) will install, service, repair and work with clients on BHGE Oil & Gas Pressure Control (PC) equipment.
In the role of Lead Field Service Technician, you will:
· Comply with all environmental, health, safety (EHS) and Quality Management System (QMS) requirements, policies, and procedures relevant to the position
· Ensure the promotion of awareness of Customer requirements in respective areas of responsibility and / or location and monitor Customer satisfaction
· Prepare and submit written reports after each job to the Customer
· Follow Customer service orders as dispatched from the Field Service Manager or North East Regional Leader
· Complete necessary paperwork for invoicing, equipment identification / tracking, inventory control, and expense monitoring in a timely manner
· Ensure periodic maintenance and repairs to Company vehicle, consistent with Company policy
· Maintain Company vehicle, necessary tools, and equipment to perform service jobs
· Operate Company vehicle in compliance with applicable Company policy and / or applicable Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
· Provide input and assistance to other functional areas throughout assigned facility and / or Region in order to improve processes and Customer satisfaction levels
· Assist the Service Manager by conducting field audits, well-site visits, and service dispatching as required
· Prep equipment and tools as necessary for staging service jobs
· Mentor and train junior personnel
· High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution
· Minimum 1 year experience of wellhead oilfield experience
· Work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
· Work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities
· Be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting, as required
· Lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
· Be subjected to extreme heat for extended periods of time
· Undergo Periodic fitness for duty tests, examinations, and/or certifications will be required for onshore/offshore remote location assignments
· To the extent that you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a GE owned / leased or rented vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record
· Be available to work on-call 24 / 7
· Obtain and maintain a Class A CDL
· Ability to safely deploy to remote geographic assignment locations – onshore and offshore locations with limited access to medical care, which may require 4 hours (or more) travel time to reach secondary level medical care
· Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and / or hydraulic equipment
· Experience in documentation and record keeping
· Working knowledge of Pressure Control (PC) equipment identification
· Working knowledge of new Pressure Control (PC) product installation
· Working knowledge of Customer Service best practices
· Basic computer skills
· Basic language skills
· Intermediate mathematical skills
· Intermediate reasoning ability
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.