Description de l'offre
Aviation Avionics & Digital Systems
The Lead Embedded SW Development Engineer provides technical expertise to support the design, development and verification of the embedded avionics software for a Flight Management System (FMS), specifically in the functional area of Datalink. In the role of Lead Embedded SW Development Engineer, you will utilize expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for yourself and others, and have the ability to affect business goals.
In addition, as the Lead Embedded SW Development Engineer, you will:
· Become a technical expert for a given functional area of the Flight Management System (FMS)
· Author and validate high level requirements, verification strategies, test cases and test procedures for FMS embedded software
· Generate and validate low level design material, verification strategies, test cases and test procedures for FMS embedded software
· Participate in software structural coverage analysis and test
· Identify, evaluate and develop engineering tools / processes necessary to meet engineering and business goals
· Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments while maintaining a focus on safety and reliability
· Conduct Problem Report (PR) investigation and resolution
· Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited college or university
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in embedded product development
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
· Ability and willingness to travel a minimum of 10% of the time
· This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
· Minimum of 4 to 5 years of experience in embedded product development is desired
· Hands-on experience developing and testing Flight Management Systems (FMS) embedded software in a DO-178B / C Avionics development environment
· Experience in embedded Military and Commercial Avionics product development
· Experience using Ada, VB, C and/or C++ languages
· Willingness and motivation to learn new processes and tools
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
· Capable of developing and writing specifications in an engineering environment
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.