GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Grid Solutions
United Arab Emirates
Within the GE Grid Automation Dubai team, the Cyber-security Engineer contributes to the definition and implementation of cyber-security solutions for the different platforms and systems of Substation Automation & Control offering and execution.
• Supports ITO team during tendering stage by analyzing cyber-security requirements expressed by internal and external customers, identifies risks / threats and proposes the proper solutions to meet the specifications.
• Proposes technical and organizational solutions aimed at reducing or eliminating vulnerabilities and ensuring regulatory compliance and identifies potential suppliers.
• Engineering and design of cyber-security architectures applicable to HV/MV Substation Automation, and configuration of applicable hardware and software.
• Preparation and submission of related engineering documentations, test procedures, method statements, etc.
• Testing, validation and commissioning of the integrated systems during factory and site tests.
• Contributes to the skills development of colleagues or people outside GE (clients) on topics relating to cyber-security.
• Engineering degree with specialization in cyber security or equivalent knowledge / experience.
• Minimum 03 years’ experience in the automation field including applications of cyber-security.
• Solid experience of automation environment (DCS / SCADA, Automation, processes, etc.) and in the development or implementation of third-party products relating to cyber-security in automation systems, Intrusion Detection/Prevention, etc.
• Knowledge of related standards, protocols: e.g. IEC 62443 - ISO 27001 - ISO27005 - IEC 22301, Syslog, RBAC, AD, LDAP.
• Knowledge of the products of the main players in cyber-security (e.g. Fortinet, Cisco, Nozomi, McAfee,...)
• Effective at working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional, modern architecture & engineering team.
• Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for GE to be successful.
• Self-Development: Actively seeing new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
• Fluent in spoken and written English.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
United Arab Emirates