Healthcare Digital Platform & Solutions
The Junior Data Scientist will work in teams addressing statistical, machine learning and data understanding problems in a commercial technology and consultancy development environment. In this role, they will contribute to the development and deployment of modern machine learning, operational research, semantic analysis, and statistical methods for finding structure in large data sets.
The Junior Data Scientist will be part of a data science or cross-disciplinary team on commercially-facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in GE business units. Potential application areas include remote monitoring and diagnostics across infrastructure and industrial sectors, financial portfolio risk assessment, and operations optimization. Develop analytics within well-defined projects to address customer needs and opportunities. Work alongside software developers and software engineers to translate algorithms into commercially viable products and services. Work in technical teams in development, deployment, and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics. Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods. Work with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics. Generate reports, annotated code, and other projects artifacts to document, archive, and communicate The work and outcomes. Share and discuss findings with team members.
· Bachelor's Degree in a "STEM" major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics) - Some experience in analytics development in a commercial setting or equivalent knowledge or experience
· Demonstrated skill in the use of one or more analytic software tools or languages (e.g. Python)
· Demonstrated skill at data cleansing, data quality assessment, and using analytics for data assessment
· Demonstrated skill in the use of applied analytics, descriptive statistics, and predictive analytics on industrial datasets
· Demonstrated skill in deep learning technologies, methodologies and tools (e.g. Keras, TensorFlow,R)
· Collaborative with great communication skills.
· Demonstrated awareness of data management methods
· Demonstrated awareness of feature extraction and real-time analytics methods
· Demonstrated awareness of analytic prototyping, analytic scale-up, analytic scaling, and solutions integration
· Experienced with medical imaging modalities and systems.
· Understanding of medical standards (DICOM, HL7)
· Experienced in imaging analytics and post-processing.
· Easily communicates in English and communication in Hungarian is also preferred.
· Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills
· Problem solving skills, ability to dive deep and decompose problems to find the root cause
· Passionate to enhance technical, medical and team working skills
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE Healthcare (www.gehealthcare.com) as a leading global medical technology and life sciences company provides a broad portfolio of products, solutions and services used in the diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of patients and in the development and manufacture of biopharmaceuticals.
GE Healthcare help to improve outcomes for healthcare providers and for therapy innovators around the world. This means increased capacity, improved productivity and better patient outcomes.
GE Healthcare also aim to support the customers in the pursuit of precision health: health care that is integrated, highly personalized to each patient’s needs and that reduces waste and inefficiency.
GE Healthcare embrace a culture of respect, transparency, integrity and diversity.
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients. Learn More About GE Healthcare .
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .