Power Gas Power Systems
We are looking for a Data Engineer Installed Base (m/f). Job Reference # 3147063
With Distributed Power becoming a stand-alone business the IT function is re-integrating part of formerly outsourced shared services. We are looking for a self-driven Data Engineer to support the business in the area of Installed Base management, analytics and visualization. He will liase with our Marketing, Service, Engineering and Finance function and collaborate with global GE Shared Services on the carve out of projects.
• Design, develop and implement moderately complex analytics projects and technical solutions by understanding and translating business requirements into state of the art technical solutions.
• Design, implement and operate stable solutions to flow data from production systems into the Data Warehouse and into end-user facing reporting applications.
• Implement data structures using best practices in data modeling, ETL/ELT processes, SQL and database technologies.
• Implement end-user facing reports using state of the art reporting technologies and tools
• Provide input into architecture, design and development decisions around creation of effective technical solutions and services.
• Document and maintain data and Analytics systems.
• Continously improve the Installed Base architecture, systems and underlying technology stack,
particularly on forecasting, analytics, data quality and reports
• Continously improve interfaces with other applications (i.e. Oracle ERP, our Asset Performance Management platform Myplant or our Spare Parts Catalog Spatsl,)
• Closely collaborate with Engineering / Software Engineering team on forecasting and reports
• Work closely with digital team on shared technologies, leverage expertise
• Strong relevant IT technical experience working with various Data and BI technologies
• Knowledge or Experience with iQ4bis, Tableau, Talend, GreenPlum and Oracle DB
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, IT or Business Management or any other stream, with experience in the application of information technologies to business solutions.
• Experience on complex Data Engineering and/or Business Intelligence projects
• Knowledge or experience of Scrum and agile methodologies
• Ability to manage multiple parallel projects and competing priorities in a diverse international environment
• Strong interpersonal, influencing, communication and organizational skills.
• High level of energy, self-motivation and a strong customer focus
• Ability to translate business requirements into IT solutions and technical issues into business terms
• Strong quantitative, analytical and problem resolution skills
• Experience with working and driving change in a matrix, globally dispersed team
• Ability to conduct business in English
• Experience with Oracle EBS R12 data logic and processes desired (GSCM, Finance, Services, Engineering, Sourcing, ITO/OTR)
• A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits.
According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 2785,54 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.
This position is based in the center of the Alps, in Tyrol - a region that provides a pleasant variety of recreational opportunities and a high quality of life. We are passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which offers comprehensive and international career opportunities and is known for leadership development. Our more than 1,500 employees at our location Jenbach are working in a collaborative way to power the future.
GE’s reciprocating engines business sets an industry standard for fuel flexibility, lower emissions and higher efficiency. It specializes in developing local power near or at the point of use and gas compression solutions that deliver environmental friendly, more efficient, more affordable power to customers around the world.