Transportation Digital Solutions
Transport Logistics is a group within GE Transportation - Digital Solutions which builds cloud based products for GE transportation customers. These products would span across the supply chain of our customers in transportation industry with a special focus on Ports. The Data Engineering team helps solve our customers' toughest challenges; work with the team to create state-of-the-art data and analytics driven solutions.
As a Data Engineer, you will be part of a data engineering team on development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working with partners across our product.
In this role you will:
· Perform a variety of data loads & data transformations to implement cloud based data platform & application optimized for appropriate source data extraction
· Working knowledge of methods for parsing, formatting, & transforming data into units consistent with analytical needs
· Demonstrates proficiency in implementation of logical/physical data models that support MDM best practices
· Performs integration of multiple data source-formats into master data load
· Proficient in Cloud technologies and at least on ETL tool
· Must have good communication skills - both oral and written
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent (STEM) with minimum 5 years of experience as data engineer.
· A minimum of 1 years of experience using AWS cloud technologies: Talend, RDS, Glue, S3, Athena, EMR, DynamoDB, Redshift
· A minimum of 3 years of Database/Data Warehouse, SQL (Oracle, Terradata, Greenplum, Hive etc) experience is required
· Exposure to Scripting (Python, Spark, Java) experience
· Translates analytics problems into data requirements
· Understands logical and physical data models, big data storage architecture, data modeling methodologies, metadata management, master data management, data lineage & data profiling
· Understands the technology landscape, up to date on current technology trends and new technology, brings new ideas to the team
· Demonstrated awareness of how to function in a team setting
· Distills information down to key points
· Expresses the information clearly and concisely
· Projects knowledge of relevant data Demonstrated awareness of how to leverage curiosity and creativity to drive business impact
· Asks follow-up questions when presented with new data/projects
· Sees the broader implications of an idea Presents new ideas and concepts
· Makes connections among previously unrelated ideas Deep passion for learning
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.