Current & GE Lighting
Current & Lighting GE Lighting
The Data & Analytics Solution Architect is responsible for the data & analytics technology stack, including establishing the technology roadmaps, leading platform upgrade/patching projects, establishing standards for development, security, and deployment to ensure that high quality analytics products that meets the business’ current and future needs can be delivered in an efficient and supportable way. The current technology stack includes, SAP BW on HANA, SAP Business Objects, and Tableau.
· Serve as the technical owner and point of contact for the overall system architecture, including architecture of data models, reports and applications.
· Track and manage open SAP messages, high alerts and open technology gaps within our toolsets.
· Continuously evaluate current system capabilities, create/update standards to ensure optimal system performance; seek opportunities to optimize the Hana platform for space utilization, query optimization, SLT optimization.
· Manage the platform roadmap to ensure continued platform performance/stability. Drive platform upgrades and regression tests partnering with application team for help in testing.
· Contribute technical expertise to the Reporting & Analytics strategy, including creation of conceptual and logical data models ensuring that uniformly recognized and accepted data definitions are developed and applied throughout the BW Solution Architecture.
· Participate in daily ‘scrum’ calls providing technical expertise/guidance to the developers responsible for delivering solutions in native HANA or in BW. Specifically, you will review development plans to ensure high quality development of HANA objects such as Schemas, Calculation Views, Analytic Views and/or BW objects such as InfoObjects, InfoCubes, InfoSources/Data Sources, Master Data, Transformations, Update Rules, DSO, Extractors, Infosets, Aggregates, Process Chains, DTPs, User Exits, BADI, Composite Providers, Bex Queries
· Provide technical input and oversight, as needed in related technologies: ABAP programming, data integrations, HANA XS, BO/HANA, SAP BW security models.
· Work closely with the team’s technical product managers and internal business customers to understand reporting and analytic needs and recommend technical solutions to meet them.
· Collaborate with BASIS, Security and Infrastructure teams, as needed, to achieve Reporting & Analytic priorities.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics (or other relevant technical field) from accredited institution.
· 5-10 years of experience in data and analytics..
· Ability to advise on technology decisions
· Experience with HANA data repository (BW on HANA or BW4HANA), including experience with HANA objects like Schemas, Calculated, Analytical or Scripted Views using HANA Modeling Tool
· Experience in BW, HANA and BO system upgrades
· Strong track record of understanding of and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities
· Strong analytical thinker and problem solver; ability to synthesize complex data into simple and compelling arguments for change.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interface and influence at all levels in the organization.
· Authorized to work in the US
· Knowledge of SAP structures, object dependencies and tables
· Experience with SAP BW Technology stack
· Experience with SAP Business Objects technology stack
· Experience with Metadata management to help implement data dictionary type definitions
· Experience with or exposure to Tableau with HANA
· Experience with and/or certification in Agile methodology
GE Lighting: Bringing the Future to Light
We started with the light bulb, an invention that fulfilled the basic human desire to see and experience more of the world. Today, light still delivers on that promise. But, it does so much more.
At GE Lighting, we’re not just reinventing the light bulb. We’re reinventing the productivity, wellness and security that comes with it. We’re extending beyond the bulb to access new markets, we’re scaling smart and we’re leading in a world where lighting drives value in our homes from the socket to the switch to the smart phone…and the cloud in between.
Our innovators think bigger and bolder to deliver for our customers and transform spaces no one else has, and we’re using that grit to lead into the next 130 years, where new outcomes and opportunities are robust…yet still as simple as screwing in a light bulb.
GE Lighting. Bringing the Future to Light.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).