Healthcare Global Services
Responds to service calls to evaluate, diagnose, and perform repair and planned maintenance (PM) on customers’ basic biomedical equipment. Drives customer satisfaction through service excellence. This role is based in Pennsylvania.
Responds to service calls to evaluate, diagnose, perform repair/planned maintenance (PM) on
progressively complex customer’s biomedical equipment, and drives customer satisfaction through
1. Evaluate complex, customer biomedical equipment issues, and implement appropriate repairs.
2. Perform planned maintenance (PM), safety and environmental inspections, and maintain
effective customer relations.
3. Follow and guide others as needed regarding appropriate GE policies, procedures, hospital
protocol, and complete necessary documentation.
4. Effectively communicate and partner with teammates and colleagues.
5. Establish and engage in proactive daily communications with customers, to ensure resolution
and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
6. Implement GE/customer facility contract, supporting business goals and objectives.
7. Lead, instruct, and assist technicians on basic and complex repairs and resolution.
8. Work as a member of local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within
9. Share on-call/pager responsibility.
10. Document all repair actions and submit reports/summaries according to schedule.
11. Ensure proper care of spares, tools and test equipment, and ensure calibration.
12. Maintain approved parts inventory.
13. Manage vendors’ service delivery processes in compliance with GE policies, as instructed.
14. Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes, and procedures
regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment through formal instruction.
15. May perform role of Site Leader (e.g., direct activities of fellow Biomedical Technicians
assigned to site, engage in a more interactive customer relationship, which may include Safety
Committee or other participation, with regard to overall account activity).
16. Meet Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety requirements, and/or all
other applicable regulatory requirements.
1. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering, or related field and 2+ years of experience servicing medical equipment; OR
equivalent military education and 2+ years of experience servicing electrical or mechanical
equipment; OR High School Diploma/GED and 4+ years of experience servicing medical
2. Analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to the
customer in an easy to understand manner.
3. The successful applicant must comply with GEHC’s standard background check, including a
post-offer drug test. In addition, during employment, the employee must comply with all customer
access policies, including but not limited to obtaining and/or providing proof of required
immunizations, and additional drug tests or background checks (including a federal government
background check if assigned to support a contract with the federal government).
4. Special Physical Requirements: Candidate must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 35
lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand
for long periods of time. Candidate must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level,
flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this
job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
5. Willingness to be available "after hours", or work a rotating On-Call schedule, including
weekends, for critical issues and coverage, as necessary.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.