Description de l'offre
Aviation Supply Chain
The Additive Technology Center (ATC) Quality Technician will be responsible for defined work or projects with moderate complexity. In the ATC Quality Technician role, you will follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
This is a 2nd shift position
The Additive Technology Center (ATC) Quality Technician will be responsible for the daily execution of assigned tasks and projects. This individual will be self-directed working within defined parameters and work plans to meet day-to-day and short term objectives of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
In addition, as the ATC Quality Technician, you will:
· Produce prototype and low - rate production hardware and transition new, turn - key processes into Supply Chain shops
· Operate full - scale equipment such as: CMMs, profilometers, and CT scanners
· Effectively use metrology tools such as micrometers, calipers, and bore gauges
· Gather, record, compile, and interpret quality control data
· Conduct experiments and inspections on assignment processes, working with engineers and leadership to develop and document process improvements
· Take ownership for assigned lab areas including:
· maintaining equipment
· ordering supplies
· environmental health and safety
· and shop cleanliness
· Work from complex product drawings, manuals, specifications, and other customer / company requirements
· Provide input into design of production inspection tooling and gauging
· Perform first article, in-process and final part inspection
· Support Continuous Improvement activities and methods (ie. RCCA, supplier quality control, GEAPS report)
· Participate in internal audit activities (specific to work area and scope of work)
· Flexibility in schedule to work an offshift position - 2nd shift
· High school diploma / GED
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in manufacturing or engineering (an Associate's degree from an accredited school or institution in an engineering or manufacturing discipline may be substituted for experience)
· Ability and willingness to work overtime as required to meet business requirements
· Ability and willingness to work an offshift position - 2nd shift
· Experience in quality and/or inspection
· Experience using statistical tools and concepts (Excel, Minitab, etc.)
· Experience performing design of experiments and associated documentation
· Experience working a team-based environment
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses,follow us on Twitter!
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.Learn More about GE
Start your career on the right path. Come see what you are missing!>Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.