GE Gas Power
Gas Power Engineering
The Additive Operations Engineer will provide leadership, engineering, planning and execution for the AMW-Additive Operation. This role will support the AMW-Additive imperatives, including environmental health and safety, quality, fulfillment, and execution of additive NTI, NPI and LRIP products. They will be expected to make business critical decisions in a timely manner while demonstrating leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for the additive area.
They will utilize their experience and expertise to solve technical problems effecting short-term and long-term business goals. As the AMW – Additive Operations Engineer you will:
· Develop, coordinate, lead and execute daily Additive operation plan of the Additive Print and Post Print operations
· Align Additive team with operation rhythm and standup meetings to ensure daily and weekly print and post print goals are met utilizing FIS and Digital whiteboard systems
· Coordinate with leadership and Additive Engineers on mid and long-term capacity planning of equipment and materials/powders for the Additive area
· Provide direction and support for additive technicians and assigned contractors resources on daily/weekly tasks, coverage planning, scheduling overtime as needed
· Align with other AMW Machining, Fabrication and Inspection teams for resources needed on additive machining on other while setting priorities on a short term and long-term basis
· Own calibration and PM schedule for 13+ Additive Printers in AMW and all-auxiliary equipment aligning resources to ensure calibrations and PMs are completed on-time
· Work with cross-functional peers and OEMs to troubleshoot and resolve technical and quality issues as they arise including ability to troubleshoot and resolving minor machine equipment issues
· Operate additive equipment on an as needed basis
· Own and manage inventory and safety stock of additive materials (powder, build plates, filters, spare parts, etc.)
· Primary point of contact for Print and Post Print Purchase Order (POs) tracking working closing with the AMW operations team when new POs are required
· Drive safety culture thru the additive operations owning environmental waste streams, safety concern organization and safety improvement projects with the team
· Drive a lean culture and mindset in the additive operation using tools such as 5S, 3P, bus schedules, VSM, etc. to drive operational excellence
· Execute on continuous improvement and lean projects to improvement the safety, quality, and cycle/lead time of the additive processes in both the AMW and in GVL-Manufacturing 3DP area
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 5 years of experience in a technical manufacturing setting.
· Minimum of 2 years of relevant engineering\\manufacturing\\supply chain experience
· Ability and willingness to travel, as required
· Ability and willingness to work occasional overtime including limited weekends
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is
required. We will not sponsor individuals
for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
· This position requires the ability to qualify and maintain Export Control authorization.
· Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
· Passion and desire to learn advanced manufacturing technologies like additive manufacturing
· Prior expertise/experience with 3D printing and additive manufacturing
· Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to effective use drawings, schematics and 3D models
· Experience in NX or other 3D CAD models and/or design simulation packages
· Experience working in new product development environments
· Willingness and ability to learn and operate a varying range of equipment
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions
· Proven organizational ability and documentation skills
· Ability to work in a matrix organization and influence needed outcomes
· Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously and is self-motivated
· Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact while coordination multiple priorities simultaneously.
· Lean and Six Sigma training and experience
· Corporate Training Program graduate (manufacturing / operations / engineering) (GE
· employees only)
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@gecareers
At GE's Gas Power, we're pushing the boundaries of what's possible within gas power generation to help our customers achieve the right balance between power plant performance and environmental sustainability. Our world-class portfolio of gas power systems and services utilizes the centuries of experience and has expanded across the entire plant
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).