Supplier Development Manager (m/f)
Airbus Group is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2015, the Group - comprising Airbus, Airbus Defence and Space and Airbus Helicopters - generated revenues of € 64.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 136,600.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A permanent job opportunity for a Supplier Development Managers (m/f) has arisen within Airbus in Toulouse (France).
You will join the Procurement Operations Department and you will be in charge of implementing Recovery, Development and Assessment assignments at supplier sites.
THIS ROLE WILL INVOLVE EXTENSIVE TRAVEL FOR BUSINESS (60 to 80%) THROUGHOUT EUROPE AND AS SUCH YOU MUST BE ABLE TO TRAVEL ACCORDINGLY.
Working in the Airbus Supply Chain is an extremely rewarding and exciting environment.
Airbus works continuously to develop our talent and we are looking for people who can grow.
Ideal candidate profile
Tasks & accountabilities
In order to deliver results in compliance with our business objectives, you will be leading these assignments to:
· Enhance supplier relationships by supporting them in building and delivering continuous improvement plans and/or roadmaps.
· Deliver robustness throughout the Airbus supply chain including sub-tiers
· Restore & secure supplier quality and on-time delivery to the required level
· Improve supplier performance by implementing advanced actions
· Improve Supply Chain efficiency by eliminating waste
· Report regularly and managing feedback to internal customers and stakeholders
· Support the improvement of internal Airbus processes.
You will use a variety of Airbus and Industry standardized tools and techniques.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Relevant degree or equivalent qualification in a related subject area.
· Solid experience preferably in one or more of the following areas: Procurement, Supply Chain, Program management, Manufacturing or Lean.
We are looking for recognized experts in the following areas with proven operational experiences:
o Suppliers Recoveries and Crisis Management
o APQP and 6 sigma
o Operations management (MRP, APICS/CPIM certification)
o Practical Problem Solving
o Lean methodologies
o Transfers of Work between Production sites and/or to other countries
o Capacity Assessments
o Industrial Capability and maturity assessments
o Project management skills
Core soft skills and values include:
o Strong leadership & communication skills
o Assertiveness and diplomacy
o Ability to work comfortably in shop floor areas and in executive meetings
o Negotiation level of French and English mandatory
o Proficiency in other languages would be an asset
o Respect, agility, goal oriented, courage and trust