London, Greater London
£ 20.11 - £ 26.03 / Hourly
· Job type
Construction and Property
· External Reference
Position: Pollution Technical Officer
Duration: 3 Months +
We're currently looking for a Pollution Technical Officer to work within the Environmental Protection team to discharge statutory and non statutory functions under the prevailing legislation, strategies, policies and development plans where they concern matters relating to Environmental Protection including Air, Land, Light, Radiation, Noise, Vibration, Waste management and Water Quality.
· Assist in the continuous improvement and change for the service through performance management by complying with service performance objective, standards, measurement and reporting.
· Plan, manage and implement projects, as directed, showing key milestones, deadline and responsibilities.
· Manage personal workload, changing priorities and personal objectives.
· Assist with design and implementation of procedures, in consultation with colleagues, in order to meet identified needs and improve service efficiency and effectiveness.
· To coordinate the logging, filtering and the distribution of requests for planning consultations from Planning Services.
· To advise planning colleagues, developers and their environmental consultants on the pollution impacts of proposed developments.
· A relevant professional Environmental Degree/Diploma of professional registration certificate as appropriate
· Evidence of continuous professional development
· Experience of assessing the impact of legislative codes of practice and proactively implementing change.
· Knowledge of the technical and regulatory basis of environmental impact mitigation in the areas of dust, exhaust emissions and noise.
Only applicants with the above qualifications and experience will be contacted.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Please apply with your CV to: Darian Forsyth