Description de l'offre
IMServ, the power behind energy efficiency
At IMServ, we help our customers use energy better. Our people retrieve energy data from some of the UK's largest energy consuming organisations. The industry relies on the information our people produce to trade, bill and understand billions of pounds of energy each year. Our specialist services, operated by our experts, deliver tangible energy, carbon and cost savings to our customers by giving access to data intelligence on ‘how', ‘when' and ‘where' energy is used.
We need great people to help us do this. We care about the things you do: being open and trustworthy, delivering our promises, positive customer engagement, being trusted experts and taking ownership.
IMServ makes a real investment in people, offering a challenging but supportive environment, allowing employees to stretch, grow and develop. In terms of career progression, the availability of a comprehensive training programme ensures the only limits are your own drive to succeed.
With varied roles from technical support specialists and field engineers to sales and customer care our collaborative approach creates a holistic ‘I want to work here' environment. Our open and honest two-way communication underpins cross functional team work and allows every staff member to contribute to the company vision.
We recognise the importance of a work/life balance by actively focusing on employee health, wellbeing and engagement as well as our social and environmental responsibilities. IMServ proactively measures employee engagement and were delighted to achieve 90% in our recent internal survey.
IMServ want our people to feel valued, empowered and recognised for their contribution to the team working towards a common goal.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the team in Milton Keynes in our brand new, state of the art premises as a Test Analyst.
The IMServ Test Analyst role is there to coordinate and execute all non-UAT testing activity associated with a project. Testing is in place to ensure that the risks associated with a change go-live are minimised.
The role requires a qualified testing professional who takes ownership of system testing deliverables and is capable of leading and engaging the wider user base.
Additionally, the role is expected to work with and mentor 3 rd party temporary resourcing as required in the context of an IMServ test process expert. They also provide professional guidance and coaching for business-wide UAT personnel as required.
In short, our permanent testers are expected to be testing professionals with additional knowledge of IMServ systems and business requirements.
Key areas of responsibility include:
· Test Methods and Approaches - The IMServ test analyst needs to understand various testing techniques, their relative advantages, disadvantages and dependencies. They then need to be able to determine what test approaches will work best for individual pieces of work
· Administration skills with focus on planning, communication, team contribution, scripting and reporting. Understanding of the software development and testing lifecycle.
· Taking the lead for a given workstream and ensuring there is coordination amongst the team to support said workstream or iteration.
· Bridging the gap between 3rd party temporary testing expertise and the needs of the IMServ specific project. Effectively the role need to mentor, coach and train as appropriate in order to get maximum utility from a flexible resource model.
· Business and process understanding - In order to balance requirement based testing with scenario based testing, the Test Analyst needs to know how individual processes work. In order to conduct end to end testing, they need to know how multiple processes and systems work together to perform business functions. While collateral will be made available through the development process to feed them with supporting material, the Test Analyst still needs to be able to work with other project team members to interrogate the information in order to provide the required test collateral.
· Stakeholder engagement with a view to a project delivering effective and efficient UAT. This may include the coaching and mentoring of operational staff and the negotiation and definition of success criteria to ensure the product meets the needs of the wider business.
· Technology skills - Test Analysts need to have advanced IT literacy. They need to understand how systems are to be used (often prior to the training material generation) while also using reasonably advanced testing tools.
· Test Scenarios – Must have demonstrable skills in creating appropriate test scenarios which reflect the needs of the design documents. Script writing and condition analysis.
· Data skills - Test Analysts need to be able to provision test data. While this is often handballed into the system, there are occasions (e.g. stress testing) where large volumes of data need to be prepared.
· Analytical and logical thinker with attention to detail and tenacity
· Planning and time management
· Communication Skills
· Leading without Authority
· Stakeholder Engagement
· Analysis skill
· Technical Skills
Qualifications and experience
· Demonstrable training /certification (ISEB/ISTQB certification etc)
· Experience/Knowledge of SQL, Oracle, TOAD etc.
· Knowledge of various automation tools like SOAP UI, Test Complete, QTP, Selenium Webdriver etc..
· Knowledge of various performance testing tools like Neo Load, Load UI Pro, Jmeter etc.
· Competent at using Microsoft office suite products (word, powerpoint, visio, project etc..)
· Knowledge and experience of different test methodologies (Waterfall, V-Model, Agile etc..)
· Experience and Knowledge of using various test management tools (TFS, Test Manager, Jira, HP QC etc..)
· Demonstrable experience of application testing lifecycle management (ALM) process and tools.
· Technical IT knowledge
· Exposure to environment preparation
· Quality driven fast paced environment experience
· Analytical, structured approach to problem analysis and problem solving
· Ability to prioritise workload
Highly desirable –
· Bespoke IMServ system and process knowledge
· Experience of Risk Based Testing
· Automated testing experience
· Experience with Non-functional testing.
At IMServ, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.