Zodiac Aerospace, Advanced Composites Division is a leader in design, fabrication, machining, and assembly of composite interior and primary structural products. Our talented team of employees ensure the highest level of standards required by our customers from both the commercial and military Aerospace industry. We offer a comprehensive pay and benefits package, great co-workers, and a stable work environment. We promote safe work practices and recognize the value of safety throughout the organization.
Job Summary: Duties include preparing items for shipment, verifying and keeping records on outgoing shipments, and arranging for the transportation of products. The Shipping Clerk/Driver will be responsible for the assembling, addressing, stamping, and shipping of merchandise or material, and ensuring safe transport of deliveries to customers, and/or facilities affiliated with Zodiac Aerospace.
Summary of Duties:
· Examine contents of shipment and compare with record, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of outgoing shipment.
· Prepare documents such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials.
· Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, and space availability for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes.
· Pack, seal, and label materials to prepare for shipping using work devices such as hand tools/power tools.
· Requisition and store materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
· Deliver raw materials, supplies, tools, and finished goods to local Zodiac Aerospace facilities.
· Transport raw materials, supplies, tools, and finished goods between the home facility and any local warehouses.
· Assist the Shipping Department with packaging and staging of deliveries.
· Education: High school diploma is preferred.
· Experience: 1-2 years experience. Certified in forklift operation or C&D Zodiac forklift certification required within first 30 days of employment.
· Basic knowledge or Microsoft products, and ability to become proficient using MRP
· Basic understanding of loading trucks and staging and freight preparation.
· Some experience and training of crate assembly and crating department procedures.
· Some experience in shipping department tools and usage (i.e. power tools).
· Able to read, write and speak fluently in English
· Knowledge of driving routes, map reading, and staging and freight preparation.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
· Standing, sitting and walking throughout the workday
· Work will be done in a production shop environment which may include exposure to noise, dust, fumes and carbon fiber
· Possible skin and inhaled contact with various sealants, paints, adhesives or other chemicals.
· Proper PPE is defined and required for specific work area.
· Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the company and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required.
Access to our facility (and, therefore employment) is restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to US Citizens, lawful permanent residents of the United States and properly licensed foreign persons.
Zodiac Aerospace is a federal contractor subject to the requirements of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act.
Zodiac Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our application process as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at 360-653-2211 (only calls for an accommodation request will be responded to at this number).