Hardware Team Leader
Site internet: http://www.valeo.com/fr.html
Hardware Team LeaderSite presentation
Valeo is an automotive supplier, partner to all automakers worldwide. As a technology company, Valeo proposes innovative products and systems that contribute to the reduction of CO2 emissions, the improvement of vehicle performance and to the development of intuitive driving. In 2015, the Group generated sales of €14.5 billion and invested over 10% of its original equipment sales in research and development. Valeo has 134 plants, 17 research centers, 35 development centers and 15 distribution platforms, and employs 82,800 people in 30 countries worldwide. Valeo is listed on the Paris stock exchange and is a member of the CAC 40 index. The Creteil site is a R&D center dedicated to advanced projects, as alternators, starter-alternators and electronic machines.
As Hardware Team Leader, you are accountable for the Hardware deliverables to ensure the success of the project. You are responsible for the detailed scheduling and budgeting of Hardware activities, and for the technical solution.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Ensure the robust design in line with the economical targets
- Apply Standardization rules, exceptionally will request destandardizations based on sound justifications
- Call for all necessary design reviews
- Define the architecture of the hardware
- Manage the integration of the hardware in the whole product
- Represent the hardware function at the customer
- Interface with the customer for the Hardware subjects of the project, break down and cascade internally customer requests and needs
- Report and escalate to your Department Manager and the R&D Manager thanks to the progress Check List
- Detailed scheduling and budgeting
- Contribute to the identification of the needs in terms of resources
- Establish detail break down of the activities to meet the milestones
- Follow activities and spending of his scope to meet his allowed budget
- Manage Dashboard
- Management of the contributors
- Manage all hardware contributors
- Assign to them the work packages needed
- Regular review with the Metier Department Managers to check alignment between needs and availabilities
Education & training
Engineer degree level with a specialization in power electronics
Areas of experience
Minimum 3 years experience in the development of electronic products preferably in the automotive industry. Experience in power electronics, Mosfet, Power converter Fluent in English.
Equal opportunities (gender, disabilities, mature workers, nationality, etc.) is at the heart of Valeo's recruitment policy.