System Architect M/W
Site internet: http://www.valeo.com/fr.html
System Architect M/WSite presentation
Valeo is an automotive supplier, partner to all automakers worldwide. As a technology company, Valeo proposes innovative products and systems that contribute to the reduction of CO2 emissions, the improvement of vehicle performance and to the development of intuitive driving. In 2015, the Group generated sales of €14.5 billion and invested over 10% of its original equipment sales in research and development. Valeo has 134 plants, 17 research centers, 35 development centers and 15 distribution platforms, and employs 82,800 people in 30 countries worldwide. Valeo is listed on the Paris stock exchange and is a member of the CAC 40 index. The mission of the Powertrain Systems Business Group is to develop innovative powertrain solutions aimed at reducing fuel consumption and co2 emissions, without compromising on the pleasure and dynamics of driving. These innovations cover a complete product range, from the optimization of internal combustion engines to the varying degrees of electrification of vehicles, from stop-start systems to the electric car. Equal opportunities (gender, disabilities, mature workers, nationality, etc.) are at the heart of Valeo's recruitment policy.
As System Architect your main responsibilities are :
• Technical missions
As Platform Contributor:
• Identify, analyze and synthesize all the stakeholders' needs and customer requirements. Ensure the interface with the customer.
• Design the product / system architecture in collaboration with the others métier architects (Hardware, Mechatronics, Software,…) and allocate each functions into different sub-system.
• Support others métier to define their architectures in consistency with product / system architecture
• Carry out patent searches in his/her field of competencies to ensure that defined new architectures are free-to-operate
• Refine the product / system requirements at the sub-system and/or metier level, and when possible at Building Block level
• Ensure the transfer of all data to the Project contributor in case of award
• Participate to the Product DR in order to ensure the coherence with the platform architecture
• Establish the DFMEA skeleton with generic countermeasures
As RFQ RFI Contributor:
• Manage the Conformity Matrix in order to ensure a consistent set of requirement dealing if necessary the requirements with the customer taking into account a design to cost approach
• Involved in the RFQ RFI process in his/her field of competencies
As Project Support (in case of award):
• Support the project team on system requirements particularly to ensure that Project set of requirements is consistent, complete, correct, and operationally defined in a System Requirements Specification
• Capitalize the know-how (Standardization, specifications, technical reports, processes and guidelines)
• Elaborate patents in his specialty. Participate to patents committee.
• Be able to define and analyze complex systems, based on a global understanding of several domains: automotive, electronics and control, software, mechanics …
• General missions
• Respect Valeo general objectives as service ratio, 5S', Daily & Monthly meetings and Improvement Proposals.
• Integrate CIP, QRQC, FMEA, LLC mindset.
• Environmental & Security missions
• In the frame of the ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certifications, commit to Safety and Environmental issues: Safety QRQC, safety rules, security equipments' uses…
Education & training
Areas of experience
2 years of experience in the industry sector
Equal opportunities (gender, disabilities, mature workers, nationality, etc.) is at the heart of Valeo's recruitment policy.