Valeo is an automotive supplier, partner to all automakers worldwide. As a technology company, Valeo proposes innovative products and systems that contribute to the reduction of CO2 emissions, the improvement of vehicle performance and to the development of intuitive driving. In 2015, the Group generated sales of €14.5 billion and invested over 10% of its original equipment sales in research and development. Valeo has 134 plants, 17 research centers, 35 development centers and 15 distribution platforms, and employs 82,800 people in 30 countries worldwide. Valeo is listed on the Paris stock exchange and is a member of the CAC 40 index. The Creteil site is a R&D center dedicated to advanced projects, as alternators, starter-alternators and electronic machines.
the principal mission of the position
- Define and ensure the implementation of the safety architecture in the product
- Define safety activities in the project
- Be the interface of the customer functional safety specialists
The Functional Safety Engineer's role is:
• to define all safety activities from safety development plan to safety case in a project
• to tailor the safety lifecycle according ASIL in order to achieve ISO 26262 compliance
• to maintain the safety plan
• to monitor the progress of the safety activities against the safety plan.
• to manage all functional safety activities in the development phases of the safety lifecycle
• to be the interface of the customer functional safety specialists, for the functional safety activities only
• to help to formalize the explicit and implicit demands of customers for functional safety
• to define safety architecture (safety concept) according ASIL in order to achieve ISO 26262 compliance
• to identify themes necessary to improve the functional safety discipline
• to report functional safety issue to functional safety department manager
Education & training
Electronic or automatic engeneer
Areas of experience
2 to 5 years
Equal opportunities (gender, disabilities, mature workers, nationality, etc.) is at the heart of Valeo's recruitment policy.