BG Methods & Tools PLM Engineer
BG Methods & Tools PLM EngineerSite presentation
Valeo is an automotive supplier, partner to all automakers worldwide. As a technology company, Valeo proposes innovative products and systems that contribute to the reduction of CO2 emissions, the improvement of vehicle performance and to the development of intuitive driving. In 2015, the Group generated sales of €14.5 billion and invested over 10% of its original equipment sales in research and development. Valeo has 134 plants, 17 research centers, 35 development centers and 15 distribution platforms, and employs 82,800 people in 30 countries worldwide. Valeo is listed on the Paris stock exchange and is a member of the CAC 40 index. The mission of the Powertrain Systems Business Group is to develop innovative powertrain solutions aimed at reducing fuel consumption and co2 emissions, without compromising on the pleasure and dynamics of driving. These innovations cover a complete product range, from the optimization of internal combustion engines to the varying degrees of electrification of vehicles, from stop-start systems to the electric car. Equal opportunities (gender, disabilities, mature workers, nationality, etc.) are at the heart of Valeo's recruitment policy.
As BG Methods & Tools PLM Engineer your main responsibilities are :
- Maintains the BG PLM community:
* Sets up a network of PLM functional administrators (key users) at PG and site level.
* Develops this network of key users.
* Manages ascending information: ensures the PG/Site issues are understood at BG level and pushed at Group level if needed.
* Manages descending information: explains Group standards and issues to key users.
- Maintains an efficient support to all BG sites:
* Provides helpdesk and functional support to all PG and site key users (conf calls, JIRA, Mantis…).
* Ensures IT issues are pushed to the BG EIS team (JIRA, Mantis…).
* Trains key users on all new or modified PLM features (provides training material, best practices…).
- Ensures the implementation of the BG's methodologies:
* Manages migration projects of other tools (Program Central, Lotus Notes…) into the PLM: specifications, developments, planning and follow up.
* Monitors the implementation of the BG's methodologies (KPIs, conf calls…) and provides guidelines / roadmaps.
- Contributes to the implementation of new Group solutions:
* Contributes to the deployment of new solutions and evolutions (tests, training, support, follow-up…).
* Contributes to the application of Group standards in accordance with the BG's methodologies.
* Ensures the improvement of standardization and R&D efficiency.
* Manages escalation processes when needed.
- Maintains all PLM interfaces
* Reviews and transfers CAD related issues to the BG CAD team.
* Supports and manages authoring interface (CATIA, Cadence, GlobalX and MxSAP).
- Ensures the BG's functional needs are represented at BG and Group level
* Ensures business needs defined by the PLM key users are provided to the BG Bus. Req. and CAD teams.
* Shares and pushes the BG's PLM functional needs at the Group level (Evolution Committees…).
* Business needs specifications, test plans and acceptance tests at Group level.
Education & training
Engineer's degree specialized in mechanical
Areas of experience
Junior profile with a first experience.
Equal opportunities (gender, disabilities, mature workers, nationality, etc.) is at the heart of Valeo's recruitment policy.