Site internet: http://www.valeo.com/fr.html
Aerothermal Simulation Engineer (M/W)Site presentation
Valeo is an automotive supplier, partner to all automakers worldwide. As a technology company, Valeo proposes innovative products and systems that contribute to the reduction of CO2 emissions, the improvement of vehicle performance and to the development of intuitive driving. In 2015, the Group generated sales of €14.5 billion and invested over 10% of its original equipment sales in research and development. Valeo has 134 plants, 17 research centers, 35 development centers and 15 distribution platforms, and employs 82,800 people in 30 countries worldwide. Valeo is listed on the Paris stock exchange and is a member of the CAC 40 index. PES is a product group, part of Valeo Group, which develops a large range of Alternators, Starters, Re-starters, emachines that contribute to CO2 emissions reduction and improved vehicle performance.
Under the responsibility of the Simulation Team Leader, as Aerothermal Simulation Engineer you will have to make the Finite Volume Simulations on PES products and components in power train, in order to validate the designs in terms of aerothermal behavior.
Your main missions will be:
- To make the finite volume calculations (ANSYS Fluent) on new concepts and products to ensure the components are under their thermal limits.
- To ensure a good correlation between simulations and tests.
- To write the associated calculations reports, based on job requests.
- To write the new standard procedures developed during these finite volume calculations, and to write RAISE standards.
- To participate in the development of new numerical simulation tools.
- To provide simulation support to design team through presentations, to propose improvements, to participate to QRQC, FTA...
- To participate to RAISE review.
Education & training
You have an engineer master degree with a fluids mechanical specialization. A validated experience in industry is a plus.
Areas of experience
You are able to lead big projects and use CAO software. You are rigorous, pragmatic and proactive force. You are fluent in English.
Equal opportunities (gender, disabilities, mature workers, nationality, etc.) is at the heart of Valeo's recruitment policy.