Every Day, Around the World, People Reach for Unilever Products. Our Brands Are Trusted Everywhere And, By Listening to The People Who Buy Them, We've Grown into One of The World's Most Successful Consumer Goods Companies. In Fact, 150 Million Times A Day, Someone Somewhere Chooses a Unilever Product.
Look in Your Fridge, Or on The Bathroom Shelf, And You're Bound to See One of Our Well-Known Brands. We Create, Market and Distribute the Products That People Choose to Feed Their Families and Keep Themselves and Their Homes Clean and Fresh.
Our Corporate Strategy Aims to Double the Size of Our Business While Reducing Our Impact on The Environment By 2020. As A Result, In the Months and Years to Come, We Envisage Many Opportunities for Our Staff to Progress and Gain Vital Experience. It's Never Been Such an Exciting Time to Join the Unilever Team.
Person in Charge will be responsible on managing Kuwait S.C. activities E2E starting from stocks update , Good In Transit , clearance process , product registration , follow up on co-packing , maintaining SHEQ standards , the person in charge will be the single point of contact for all S.C. matters
Roles & Responsibilities
· Resolving any documentation issue through SU's for clearance purpose
· Track the dispatched shipments (Sea and Land) to Kuwait and update the shipment's tracker accordingly
· Make sure that clearance agency is clearing the shipments within agreed time and the distributor warehouse team are offloading the shipments within the agreed lead time.
· Communicate any issues with inbound shipments to relevant Central Unilever Teams for swift solutions.
· Ensure that no demurrages are incurred during the transit of shipments and coordinate with Central Unilever Logistics teams to decrease the over-all yearly demurrages.
· Provide root causes for any incurred demurrages and the resolve them in coordination with the sourcing units.
· Review the shipments' documents that have discrepancies and highlight it to sourcing units for swift corrective actions.
· Perform monthly checks on shortages resulted from Inbound shipments
· Assist Central Logistics teams with their negotiations with the transporters on demurrage root causes and the gaps at transporters' end
· Monitor the Clearance Agency's performance and highlight any gaps through meetings with the collaboration of the distributor's team to enhance the service level
· Find ways to reduce Lead Times and generate savings
· Highlight Block Out periods to Planning, CSE & Logistics teams for preponing of shipments and avoid stock shortage or shipment demurrages.
· Initiates and attend meetings with different Government Ministries in case of clearance issues to discuss and resolve bottle necks.
· Analyze monthly Demurrage file and connect with local and central logistics teams to verify and acknowledge root causing of detention charges.
· Communicate the Final approved Demurrage file to Local Finance team for execution of payments.
· Work in collaboration with KOQB Safety manager to develop distributor's safety audit and close the gaps.
· Follow up on Safety gaps with the distributor as well to ensure conformity as per Unilever Safety Standards.
· Connect with Customer Service Excellence team for support in case of stock availability issues vs forecast and make sure relevant corrective actions have been carried out.
· Conduct joint meetings between Customer Development & Customer Service Excellence/Logistics teams to discuss and bring clarity about stock availability concerns.
· Connect with Sales team to update the Master Data with customers and verify samples attained from customer to improve service level.
· Align with Supply Planning teams to receive all required registration certificates on time and in compliance with Kuwait's MOH requirement
· Provide Kuwait's Finance team with the commercial invoices for the received shipments for costing purpose and perform monthly checks on SLOB quantity to be written off
· Conduct Quality Audits at distributor warehouse along with KOQB Quality manager
· Inspect and report any Quality issues for Inbound shipments' stocks and align with UL Quality team for corrective action.
· Trigger alerts to regulatory team in case of local issues with Authorities that require regulatory team's interference/support.
· Ensure the submission and attainment of Authority letters to Kuwait Customs for approval.
· Master data verification between BW and CHUB uploaded Data - Unilever's Data vs Distributor Data (Sales, Shipment Receipts, Stock Reports, etc)
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Industrial/Mechanical/Production)
· Minimum 3 years of work experience in Supply Chain /Logistics / Customer Service / Planning
· FMCG Industry experience is a must
· Proficiency in SAP, Power BI and Microsoft Excel
Key Competencies & Skills:
· Business Acumen
· Stakeholder management skills
· Passion for high performance
· Consumer love
· Purpose & Service