Role Title: Shift Electrician
Location : Leeds
Salary : £25-27k DOE plus 40% shift allowance
Benefits : Very Generous Pension (c.30%, private health care, overtime, online 24/7 GP and access to various discounts across retailers, holidays and restaurants)
Shift Pattern : Continental (2 days 2 nights )
Here at Unilever's Leeds factory, we manufacture deodorants, A LOT - 800 million units annually in fact. We make household name brands including Dove, Lynx and Sure. Each one of our 11 aerosol lines are making roughly around 500 cans a minute. To support this huge operation is a team of around 400 people - about 30 of which are in the Engineering team.
We're looking for a Shift Electrician to join this team, being responsible for the safe operation of the packing line equipment, ensuring products are available on the shelves when our consumers want them.
As a successful Shift Electrician here at Unilever, you will join us bringing your hands on experience from a previous electrical engineering role, ideally gained in a FMCG or other large scale / industrial environment.
What experience and background do we ask for?
· The nature of the role and the COMAH status of the site means you must be qualified to NVQL3 in Electrical Engineering and have City & Guilds 2382 (17 th Edition Wiring Regulations as a minimum)
· Previous exposure to Continuous Improvement, using World Class Manufacturing methodologies like Kaizen and 5Why approach
· Experience working in a manufacturing environment; whilst FMCG would be very beneficial, it is not a necessity. We believe we can support you transition into this setting if you have a background in any manufacturing environment
· We also encourage applications from individuals with engineering experience gained in the Army /Navy etc
What will you be doing on a day to day basis?
· Spotting and finding any faults in the electrical and mechanical machinery and getting to the root cause of a problem quickly
· Completing any planned maintenance and safety critical tasks, as well as responding to electrical breakdowns
· Analysing and interpreting information and data from various sources
· Establishing power distribution systems and electrical control circuits
· Supporting the projects team to continuously improve our processes
· Removing and replacing electrical components (such as motors, switch and control gear)
· Communicating with the wider engineering and maintenance team across the factory
· Developing any training and experience you already have in World Class Manufacturing tools and techniques
We'd love to hear from you, so if you would like to hear more or understand anything further before applying, you can get in touch with Erin; firstname.lastname@example.org