MAIN JOB PURPOSE
A better business. A better world. A better you. At Unilever you are more than your job title, you are part of the world's most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We believe that Unilever is unlike any other organization. We seek long-term sustainable growth through responsible business practices and product innovation, providing our consumers with exceptional brand experiences, today and tomorrow.
To succeed in this hyper-competitive business environment, we need to move quickly, test new opportunities, learn rapidly and adapt our ways of working. To achieve this, we need people with a passion for digital, analytics and organizational change, who are not afraid to break convention and who want to be a revolutionary within our business.
The Process Engineer role is critical to the development of our factories to World Class, which means zero defects, zero waste and zero losses. She/he will apply extensively the full range of Focused and Quality Improvement methods and tools to counter losses identified in the areas of Safety, Quality, Cost Deployment, Customer Service and Logistics.
With 2.5 billion consumers using Unilever products every day, there are very few other opportunities to influence a business of this scale.
The Process Engineer is a member of the Operations Team responsible for technical/process production support at Unilever's Casalpusterlengo (LO) plant.
She/he's working directly with the line crews on a daily basis to optimize the performance of the production lines of the assignment area through an analysis of the various indicators (KPI's) and through technical management activities of the production lines aimed at highlighting critical points and corrective action plans.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
· Responsible for the validation of all process improvements and the establishment of revised basic conditions on the line.
· Monitoring the performance of OLE as well as all KPIs related to the measurement of the performance of production lines.
· Keeping updated, the documentation supporting the performance trends, identifying a precise link between the actions carried out and the results achieved.
· Identifying the weak points of the lines by proposing corrective actions and intervention plans, identifying what / who / when for each activity.
· Developing the project of improvement interventions to be carried out on the lines, verifying the punctuality and completeness of the interventions themselves.
· Analyzing the opportunities for format change and item change:
- analyzing and measuring the timing required;
- updating the matrix of standard time;
- proposing both technical and managerial improvement actions.
· Collaborating on installation and testing of new systems / equipment
· Organizing, with the Operations Manager and the Maintenance Supervisors, analyzes and studies that allow working groups to address issues according to the continuous improvement approach
· Implementing WCM principles together with the Operations Manager and the whole team
· Collaborating on internal department audits.
· Collaborating with the Safety and Quality departments for compliance with the Standards
· In agreement with the planning functions, it organizes the department activities
· Managing the daily operations meetings taking care of the drafting of the previous day's data and of the corrective action plan.
· Collaborating with the engineering function and with the Operations Manager for all plant modifications of the lines of competence of the department.
· Organizing staff training on new plants / new production machines.
· Proposes any technical training to the Operations Manager, taking care of all aspects of the same.
· Supervision and coordination of department tests
KEY SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
We are looking for a Process Engineer with the following Key Skills and Competencies:
· Personal Mastery – able to actively build own wellbeing and resilience. Has emotional intelligence to take feedback, manage motivations and build empathy for others. Constantly sets high standards for themselves and for others around him/her.
· Agility & Growth Mindset – Explores the world around them, continually learning and developing their skills. Flexes plans and leadership styles to meet changing situations with urgency. Able to learn from the past and envision the future.
· Talent Catalyst – Contribute to an inclusive climate, trough powerful teamwork and collaboration, connecting people for better results.
· Passion for high performance – Has an owner's mindset, using data and insights to make decisions. Takes personal responsibility and accountability for execution and results
· Engineering Degree (preferably Mechanical or Management Engineering)
· English proficiency and Italian mother tongue
· At least 2/3 years of professional experience.
· A previous experience within an Industrial environment and in a technical role (e.g. Process/Machinery Engineer) would be considered an asset.