Feel proud of what you do and make a real impact. Join Unilever.
Watch this video . #UniquelyUnilever
WHO WE ARE?
Unilever is one of the leading suppliers of consumer goods. We have more than 400 brands and our products are on sale in more than 190 countries. On any given day, 2 billion people use our products to look good, feel good and get more out of life.
Our portfolio ranges from nutritionally balanced foods to indulgent ice creams, affordable soaps, luxurious shampoos and everyday household care products.
And everything we do, we do with sustainability in mind. We've won more employer awards this year than ever before. We're the biggest European FMCG in the world, and are rated #1 by Climate Counts for our sustainability initiatives
WHY JOIN SUPPLY CHAIN?
We make 2 billion Magnum ice creams a year. That's a serious amount of enjoyment and just one example of the value we add to the lives of the 2.5 billion consumers using our brands every day. Our Supply Chain plays a vital role in getting our goods to customers and consumers, from sourcing raw materials to manufacturing and delivering the end product. We play a big role in delivering Unilever's sustainability mission too.
Our end-to-end Supply Chain leverages eight disciplines: engineering, manufacturing, procurement, logistics, customer service, planning, quality and safety, so you can develop your career in our leading-edge organisation.
WHAT WILL BE YOUR ROLE?
The Multi-skilled Technician (MST) is a Preventative Maintenance and Focused Improvement specialist engaged to optimize the running and maintenance of equipment within the factory. Where breakdowns occur the MST acts to diagnose and troubleshoot faults and where necessary will recommend design improvements. The role is actively involved with setting the Maintenance Strategy for the respective production area.
The MST is professionally competent and qualified to operate safely at least two of the principal engineering disciplines: Mechanical, Electrical or Instrumentation and Control. Mental agility and advanced problem-solving skills are required in order to actively engage co-workers in maintaining a safe work environment, which protects product quality and reduces waste and other environmental impact. The technician is a positive contributor to the factory's work environment and culture by coaching and mentoring the Technical Operator around the areas of mechanical engineering and World Class Maintenance techniques.
WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES?
· Mechanical Skills and Focused Technician. Uses knowledge and application of technical skill and expertise to ensure the provision of effective engineering support within team, focused on delivering performance targets. Directly contributes to improved safety, quality, sustainability and cost.
· Preventative Maintenance Specialist and user of Condition Based Monitoring.
· Fully Operational on Mechanisms, Motion.
· Electrical Skills and Diagnostic Technician. Removes and replaces major electrical components (such as motors, switch/control gear) and troubleshoot electrical circuits safely. Able to isolate machinery and re-install electrical supplies for machinery components.
· Establishes power distribution systems and electrical control circuits.
· Installs electrical drive systems and Control Loops.
· Application of Instrumentation and Control skills.
· Demonstrates an understanding of the Internal Architecture of Programme Logic Control (PLC) and Distributed Control Systems (DCS); their applications and knowledge of the Number Systems they use.
· Amends control and software documentation.
· Manages PLC and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Networks (eg Programme modifications, Force Devices and fault finding).
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
· Graduate or technical/vocational course of Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Instrumentation and Control.
· At least 3 years relevant work experience as part of an extended team within the manufacturing sector
· Reading and comprehension skills in English
· Arithmetic skills
· Basic English verbal and written communication skills
· Strong coaching and communication skills
· Demonstrated analytical skills
EXCITED ABOUT THE ROLE?
To apply, you must do so online. Please do not forget to upload your updated CV. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch shortly or after the closing date to provide you with an update on the status of your application.