Location: Sandton, Jhb
Purpose of the Role
The main purpose of the job is to support the IT Transformation Manager in Leading on an organisational technology change for Africa Business.
· Understanding Unilever’s vision of the future state of IT and the business case for transforming IT so you can support and deploy that vision in Africa.
· Partner with business stakeholders, understand their business requirements and come up with solutions that will be of benefit to the functions towards meeting their business goals. Also play an advisory role in aligning and improving current business processes. The incumbent is expected to gain deeper understanding of the processes and requirements, search for possible solution in the IT space within and outside of Unilever, and deliver that solution using world class project management skills, assisting the functional managers and users make use of the latest technologies
· Develop automation solutions for manual systems to improve efficiency and using Microsoft PowerApps.
· Continuous monitoring and assistance in retaining business process knowledge through training and partnering forums. To deliver this, there is need to analyze effectiveness of the key users through continuous monitoring of tickets, picking up problem areas, and directing refresher training to those needs and holding focus group meetings to make clear the existing process support model in place.
· Use information to drive insights to improve business performance. An example is the use of Ultra information and reports generated to identify sales improvement areas. Using information from the incidents management system to work with service desk and the infrastructure team in identifying the areas to focus on.
· Ensure that users can adapt to new technology and optimal use of software to improve efficiency and effectiveness through the managing of training and practical support.
· Assist the IT Transformation Manager to control IT project schedules to ensure that all IT projects are completed on time and on-budget, according to the project plan. And that all the administration that needs to be captured on the internal tool is always captured and updated.
· Lead the journey towards predictive capability & move from Information to Analysis to Analytics.
· Lead Technology capability assessment
· Identify opportunities to reduce IT cost.
· Support IT Portfolio Management
· Undertake activation activities for Global IT Innovation (Marketing & Digital Agenda) & Service Line activation programs as required by IT Manager. Undertake the relevant project execution activities to support Local Growth Programs working with Service Lines in the delivery of these projects. This process takes projects that have been globally agreed and ensures that they are landed successfully locally. What is defined at the outset, but the incumbent must identify local implications that would affect successful delivery.
EXISTING GLOBAL IT SERVICES
· Input to review of Global services in Unilever Africa and help develop action plans for these and track achievement of action plans within area of responsibility, be in control and ensure successful landing.
· Partner with the services team in implementing key actions to address service improvement areas, input to and helps define demand for Services and communicate these to Service Lines. Assist with communication and coordination of status of Urgent Incidents in and understanding impact to support resolution of these incidents.
· Participate in problem management activities as required to support Service Line/Operations teams in resolving problems.
· Work with business teams to ensure that the benefits of the existing services and new/updated services in Unilever achieved through partnering with the services team, carrying out analysis, defining service level agreements and properly engaging the service provides
IT COSTS, PROCUREMENT & CONTROLS
· Assist with processing of actual costs as required, tracks and ensures payment to local vendors through ensuring the annual contracts are renewed appropriately and payments are made on time correctly.
· Assist with input of cost drivers to budget process including assisting in IT software requirement planning and budgeting.
· Supports software asset management activities as appropriate
COMPLIANCE & DRP
· Adhere to governance & compliance framework.
· Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or Diploma in IT with relevant experience and Certifications.
· Project Management & ITIL certifications will be an advantage.
· IT Governance skills
· Business Analysis skills
· Relationship management skills
· Vendor management skills
· Should possess strong knowledge on Microsoft Office 365
· Project management skills
· Good knowledge & understanding of Digital Technology
· Client focused and support orientated.
· A strong ability to influence business stakeholders.
· Communication and interpersonal skills
· Problem solving skills
· Minimum 3yrs Experience of working in IT.
· Experience of FMCG industry will be an advantage.
Unilever is an equal opportunities employer and committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. We are intentional in employing the best talent that reflect the demographics of our country. We therefore invite applications from all candidates representing diversity of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. When appointing potential candidates, the South African Employment Equity and Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment Legislation will be considered.
We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. If you are applying as a Foreign National, please note that you may be requested to provide supporting documents supporting this.
Please note: As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete a brief online application form. Completion of the form is required to be considered. Your application status should read “Application Completed”.
Please allow yourself enough time to complete the application form as when filled out partially or not at all it may adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the form at once as you will be unable to return to it later.