We believe that Unilever is unlike any other organization. We seek long-term sustainable growth through responsible business practices and product innovation, providing our consumers with exceptional brand experiences, today and tomorrow.
We live in a hyper-connected world, where digital technology is empowering consumers and creating widespread fragmentation. It is no surprise that digital technology is transforming the way we drive product and service innovation, how we take them to market and also how we market to our consumers. Unilever's dedication to digital transformation is already well established, but we intend to accelerate and grow this rapidly.
To succeed in this hyper-competitive business environment, we need to move quickly, test new opportunities, learn rapidly and adapt our ways of working. To achieve this, we need people with a passion for digital, analytics and organizational change, who are not afraid to break convention and who want to be a revolutionary within our business.
With 2.5 billion consumers using Unilever products every day, there are very few other opportunities to influence a business of this scale.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
In the Future finance make organisation, the Finance Business Partner will partner a big site or potentially several sites, where value can be at risk or where significant value can be delivered through major projects and interventions.
Together with the site leadership team, he/she will be responsible for the in-year site(s) performance, major value interventions, savings delivery and financial controls.
The role is accountable for keeping compliance of the site to the Unilever control framework. He/she will be powered by a Make expertise team (MET) and shared services (SCFS, OC, IBM) on main accounting, controlling and reporting tasks.
He/she will be reporting to the Make Finance network manager.
· Responsible for site in-year financial performance (cost/waste/Capex), site forecasts and partnering site leadership team
· Leading World Class Manufacturing (WCM) Cost deployment pillar activities for the site and delivering the savings agenda
· Supervises and ultimately responsible for controls, month end process, variances analyses.
· Partners big value projects on site (support big capex proposals/transformation project delivery)
· Contribute to site masterplans or to decision making on innovations/ network business cases through deep understanding of site financials and impacts
· Supports budgeting process, provides forecast, and leads strong value interventions on sites especially in case of under-performance
· Can participate in projects to build finance capabilities for several sites of the network
· The Finance Business Partner is member of Site Leadership Team.
Central Make network finance teams on planning and In-year performance
Category finance teams for big projects/ major interventions
Shared resources (MET/OC/SCFS)
Italian operating company finance team in case of specific local finance/business projects.
Site teams on in-year performance big interventions, projects, decision making
Category Supply Chain VP
Other WCM pillars as per the methodology and best practice.
· Fluent in both English and Italian.
· Professional qualifications and experience: Finance/business degree
· Preferred: +5 years working experience of which 2/3 years finance experience in a production environment
· Skills: driving performance, risk management, decision making, critical thinking, collaboration