On any given day, 2.5 billion people use Unilever products to feel good, look good and get more out of life – Giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future. Great products from our range of more than 400 brands give us a unique place in the lives of people all over the world. With world- leading brands which include Dove, Rexona, Lipton, OMO and Streets to name a few.
A job at Unilever is a career made by you, with development opportunities, benefits and a working culture that embraces diversity. We have a proud heritage in Australia since 1919 and a thriving, sustainable business today, so there's never been a better time to join us.
The Engineering Department is a support department to the factory. Support in terms of mechanical engineering, process engineering and electrical engineering is provided to the manufacturing and packing areas within the factory. This 12 Month Contract Automation/Controls Engineer role is to provide professional services in technical tasks, manage the design, selection, procurement, installation and commissioning of equipment required to meet the company's manufacturing objectives, team development and process improvements.
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
· Design, cost, specify, schedule and commission assigned projects for capital works and maintenance programs as required by the Maintenance Manager and the UEnS Project Delivery Manager.
· To provide support to factory control systems where these are computers or PLC based to ensure that production requirements are met.
· Assist with support in technical computing areas where this falls beyond the scope of the business systems area and where it impacts on control/information systems.
· Provide production with excellent service in electrical breakdown and maintenance support.
· Lead and manage the design, selection, procurement, installation and commissioning of plant and equipment required to meet manufacturing standards
· Provide specialist advice and service in the areas of Electrical and Controls Engineering.
· Plan, prioritise and review automation improvement work with production teams.
· Deliver projects and electrical and control elements of new installations.
· Proven experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferably with process improvements.
· Experience supervising trades personnel and contractors
· Understanding of TPM practices and principles.
· Demonstrate interpersonal skills and be able to communicate at all levels.
· PLC programming experience
At Unilever, we share one simple purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace. Through our household brands, which span Home Care, Personal Care, Refreshments and Food, we are creating a bright future for our business and our planet – and you can be part of it.
In joining Unilever, you will enjoy working in an agile workplace with excellent career development and staff benefits including best in class parental leave policy, product allowance and discounts, training and flexible working options.