JOB TITLE: Assistant Consumer Market Insights Manager - Lifebuoy
JOB LOCATION: Singapore
RELOCATION TERMS: Local Terms only
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
· Use your innate ability and passion to understand and empathise with consumers and customers to deliver valuable insights to the business. You will act as a consumer guardian.
· Provide the business with actionable understanding of the markets and competitive landscape
Develop your appreciation of brand development (mix creation), understanding brand positioning, advertising, product innovation
· Provide strong analysis to support brand decisions through extracting, interpreting and communicating research learnings and continuous data, for a range of business activities
· Proactively identify tactical opportunities for the business, and support the CMI manager in identifying strategic opportunities for the business.
· Distil information from primary and secondary research (e.g. market information, ad hoc research) and provide useful insights
· Manage relevant IT tools as required (including PeopleWorld)
· You will be expected to run all projects independently after 3 months in the job
· Report progress on key performance indicators (sales, equity, etc) and provide a deep dive on key areas of decline and on the opportunities for growth.
· Develop and share regular monthly reports using continuous research methodologies (e.g. Household Panel, Brand track – GTS, Nielsen retail audit)
· Support a CMI Manager in the design and delivery of market research projects:
- Determine optimal research plan and method (in line with Unilever best practice)
- Write market research briefs
- Conduct and co-ordinate the project with the research supplier
- Manage project within agreed budgets
- Interpret and communicate key findings and recommendations
- Write one page summary about the research
· Develop own research skills, making full use of: CMI Portal, CMI tools and templates, training opportunities, and coaching/mentoring from line manager
· Build own understanding of key business processes e.g. category/brand strategy, Integrated Brand Planning (IBP), Innovation and Renovation (IPM), Communication (IBC)
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications:
· Proven market research experience on either client or agency side.
· You will have solid experience of at least one of the areas below:
- Experience of key qualitative and/or quantitative ad-hoc consumer and market understanding techniques
- Experience of continuous data sources; including consumer panel and retail audit.
· Proven record of analysing and synthesising data and information from different sources
- inspiring and provoking a team to think differently about the target consumer
- cross functional team-working
Experience from FMCG markets and personal care/beauty categories preferable but not essential
· Global/regional experience will be a plus. Interest in foreign cultures is essential.
· Strong team player, yet good level of independence
· Good presentation skills and articulate
· Rigorous and with great attention to detail
· Highly numerate and adept at working with data.
· Passionate to go beyond the obvious
· Creative, open minded
· Able to adjust quickly in a fast-paced and changing environment.
· Willingness and flexibility to offer full support to brand team and CMI colleagues
As part of the application process, you will be asked to complete an online assessment consisting of 2 questions.
This is an important part of our application procedure and will take approximately 2 minutes of your time to complete. When filled out partially or not at all it may adversely affect the progress of your application.
If you encounter any issues, contact Unilever HR Services at 800-448-1479 / +65 6818-5255.
Please apply online by clicking on “Apply Online” below. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements. Should you not meet our immediate requirements, your profile will be registered in our talent pool system and we will match your profile to suitable future vacancies.
You will be able to access your status update through the candidate tracking link. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Thank you for your interest and application.