Description de l'offre
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
Ubisoft is looking for a virtualization administrator who will join the global networks service (GNS) storage and virtualization system administrators team in Montreal.
As a virtualization administrator, you will be responsible for the health and operation of our virtualization platform and pay particular attention to our operational activities, be proactive regarding capacity management and monitoring of events. You will act as one of the main escalation contact for our Service Center team and support our day to day operations and infrastructure within a world-wide team.
As a member of a group of infrastructure administrators, you must manage Ubisoft's virtualization equipment anywhere in the world.
It will also be used and participate in large-scale technological projects while being supported by the administrators and architects’ group.
Your main tasks as a Virtualization Administrator are to:
· Care for the Ubisoft Virtualization platform (VMWare) with an emphasis on security, using documented, automated installation and support procedures;
· Conduct virtual infrastructure capacity forecast and health assessments;
· Improve resource allocation on the virtual platform by proposing various usage optimizations;
· Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality;
· Perform system & application patching and upgrade of equipment firmware;
· Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures related to the virtualization platform;
· Participate to the definition of standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics as directed;
· Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards;
· Answer user’s query and service requests;
· Carry out all other related tasks.
· A baccalaureate Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field;
· VMware or CompTia certifications in relation to the position is an asset;
· ITIL Foundation training.
· 2 + years of experience as an administration and/or support of a virtualization platform for a large company;
· Certification VMWare (VCP) is a plus
· Passionate about technology, greatly motivated, curious, open minded;
· Positive and adaptable attitude, quick learner, good sense of humor, a real team player ;
· Good analytical skills, autonomous, mindful of processes;
· Skill in developing techniques and methodologies to resolve unprecedented problems or situations;
· Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management;
· Ability to make complex information accessible;
· Ability to work effectively in a very dynamic environment with a proactive attitude;
· Candidate must present with honesty, integrity and maintains confidentiality at all times;
· Ability to prioritize and conduct multiple front-line tasks.
· Expertise of virtualization, storage and networking technology;
· Professional experience in the management or support of vSphere, vCenter and vSan tools (hands-on) ;
· General knowledge of Linux system administration ;
· Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server / Active Directory;
· Know-how programming and automation (shell scripting, Python, Ansible, etc.);
· Capacity of monitoring and measurement systems (Zabbix, NetXMS, Grafana, OpenManage, Sensu, Uchiwa, ELK, Prometheus);
· Knowledge of EMC Isilon storage system (an asset);
· Knowledge of the CEPH platform (an asset);
· French and English written and spoken
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.