Working as our Perforce Guru, you will be the main contact for everything related to versioning as well as responsible for keeping a complex Perforce infrastructure healthy and performing at a world class level. You will work with troubleshooting build issues, improving and tuning our Perforce servers, and assisting users with stream integrations/merging.
You will be an interface to Build Engineers as well as Engine and Tools programmer, ensuring that tools and pipelines interact with the versioning system in the best possible way. You will collaborate with both local and global IT departments to ensure that we can provide full support for the lifetime of our game projects.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
· Following and upholding SCM Best Practices
· Optimizing the developer workflow
· Assisting QC with finding relevant data and builds
· Coordinating data retention and backup systems with IT
· Designing branching strategies
· Working proactively to identify and alleviate future problems within your areas of responsibility
· Keeping the versioning system running smoothly, making sure we don’t go over our capacity constraints
You as a person
You have a service-minded approach, and thrive being the go-to person for a lot of different disciplines. You are used to using a pedagogical and problem solving approach when communicating technical and specific knowledge. We believe you have an innovative way of thinking, enabling you to quickly form ideas for improvements in a constantly changing environment.
· Several years of experience working with Perforce
· Experience working with Windows Server and Active Directory
· Experience and understanding of IT systems and networking
· An interest in safekeeping and organizing data
· Experience working with other versioning systems (git) is a plus
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 550 people from 40 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3 and our latest release Tom Clancy’s The Division.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.