Ubisoft Montréal is looking for a Helpdesk Specialist.
At Ubisoft Montréal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montréal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montréal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor, and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
The technical services technician will provide second and third level user support (hardware and software). The incumbent will ensure the continuity of the software and hardware used by productions and services within the Montréal studio and upgrade the computer systems.
The main and routine tasks of the technical services technician are to:
· Change and activate network and telephone outlets;
· Ensure network room maintenance;
· Upgrade the computer systems;
· Set up and install workstations for new employees;
· Provide second and third level user support (hardware and software);
· Provide multimedia equipment and console support;
· Document new issues;
· Carry out all other related tasks.
DEP, AEC or DEC in computer science.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in user support;
· Extensive technical experience in PCs.
· Team spirit;
· Good physical fitness (ability to lift equipment);
· Excellent client relation skills;
· Organization skills;
· Ability to manage priorities;
· Good stress tolerance;
· Good manual dexterity.
· Bilingualism (French-English, spoken and written) an asset;
· Excellent knowledge of Windows 7, 10 ;
· Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite;
· Knowledge of TCP/IP communication protocols;
· Knowledge of SMS;
· Knowledge of Active Directory;
· Knowledge of the latest PC models and video boards;
· Knowledge of Mac an asset;
· Knowledge of scripts (batch files, VBScript) an asset;
· MCSE, MCSA or MCP certification an asset.