Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
The infrastructure (Hosting) department of our Global Network Services team (GNS) is seeking a Business Analyst who can bring their expertise to life in our dynamic team of gaming & tech enthusiasts. If you are bold, driven and unafraid of pushing boundaries, we want you on our team.
The Business Analyst works within teams to identify and transform business needs into solutions. He works on projects for new needs as well as operations to improve current processes.
· Analyze and synthesize information provided by stakeholders;
· Identify business rules, functional requirements, non-functional requirements through cases and stakeholders;
· Direct the gathering of requirements for applying technology solutions to satisfy corporate needs;
· Work with Continuous Improvement Manager to develop integrated processes and optimized solutions for a given problem;
· Work with Data Analysts to define metrics, analyse and turn information into meaningful business insights
· Produces high quality written content such as:
· All requirements in the form of a Business Requirement Document (BRD) ;
· Solutions to those needs in the form of Functional Requirement Document (FRD),;
· Fit/Gap analysis;
· “As is” and “to be” Business Process Models (BPM) workflows;
· Use Cases;
· UML diagrams, Use Case Diagram and Activity Diagram;
· high level data flow diagrams with the support of the architects,;
· Story boards and workflows;
· Tests Plans for the Quality Assurance team;
· Change management documents (training, communication);
· Communicate and solve the Fit/Gap analysis with all stakeholders impacted.
· On a regular basis, facilitate and maintain the interest of the stakeholders;
· Participate in the evaluation and benchmarking of market solutions when required;
· Participate as member of the team on parts of the project plan;
· Being available daily for questions from the project team;
· Create tests cases and conduct manual testing;
· Support the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) phase;
· Ensure knowledge transfer and documentation of the new solution;
· Market and socialize the solution;
· Participate in the Business Analyst community;
· Evangelize the business analysis good practices and mission;
· Carry out all other related task.
Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field;
Certification of Competency in Business Analysis™ (CCBA®) designation from IIBA, an asset.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in IT business analysis or equivalent experience;
· Experience in IT projects;
· Experience working across organizational boundaries on a local and global basis is an asset;
· ITIL an asset;
· Great communication and interpersonal skills;
· Data analysis skills (using Excel, SQL or other tools);
· JAD facilitation skills;
· Curious and proactive;
· Adaptable to changes in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent English skills (spoken and written);
· French fluency is an asset;
· Good knowledge of business process design;
· Good knowledge of Requirement Management;
· Good knowledge of the analysis and conception of IT software and systems;
· Understanding of the project lifecycle and resources involved;
· Understanding of different project delivery methodologies (Agile/Waterfall), an asset;
· Knowledge of an IT service management product
· Basic understanding of IT infrastructure and it’s relation to applications and business services, an asset;
· Understanding of interface ergonomics and design.