The Basic Function of a Maintenance Technician is to perform routine and necessary maintenance of all facility and plant equipment, systems, and facility grounds to keep equipment in good repair and avoid unscheduled shutdown.
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
· 5+ years industrial mechanic or related experience in petrochemical or refining facility
· Experience reading equipment diagrams and drawings preferred.
· Must carry a rotating pager and subject to call outs
· Good Computer skills. SAP experience preferred.
Refining & Chemicals
Maintenance / Inspection / Technology
Experience level required
3 - 6 years
Context and environment
· Performs routine and preventive maintenance tasks to prevent equipment failure and keeps a written record of the maintenance performed on each piece of equipment. Preventive maintenance may include general information, seal replacement, and equipment inspections (sight tube, chain hoists, flash point tester, etc.)
· Advises the Production Shift Supervisor of any equipment not available for use before taking equipment out of service for inspection or repair
· Maintains a clean and orderly shop and cleans up any spill resulting from repairs
· Installs, maintains, and repairs all plant equipment. This shall include, but not be limited to, cooling/heating systems, pumps, mixers, piping, filters, and tanks.
· Performs oil changes and lubrication on equipment.
· Maintains, rebuilds, or replaces process pumps and pipelines
· Replaces Pressure Safety Valves (PSVs) as necessary.
· Performs general maintenance duties such as plumbing, and fixing broken items as necessary or as requested on maintenance work orders.
· Recommends to supervisor any parts needed to be purchased to maintain an adequate inventory of critical spare parts.
· Assists and participates in regulatory and voluntarily programs (PSM, MSM, ISO 9000, etc)
· Serves on site safety, PSM team, and other teams, as requested.
· Treats all co-workers, customers, vendors, and the general public with dignity and respect without discrimination or bias.
· Provides quality service and assistance to all customers, potential customers, employees, vendors, and the community on an ongoing basis.