Start date : January 2021
We are offering six months internship for someone who intends to be involved in a challenging Finance credit environment, as well as project related activities.
This position sits within the credit team that assist in the day-to-day management of the counterpart portfolio risk under the Gas and Power sectors mainly. The intern will be a member of a team of professionals handling over 1.000 counterparties representing billion of US Dollars in credit lines.
The intern will assist the team members on its operational activities:
Goal : Reviewing and establishing credit limits on counter parties in the Gas and Power portfolio.
Action : Credit risk analysis and preparation of credit risk summary including recommendation on credit limits , terms, and risk mitigation.
Tools : Familiar with financial and macro analysis techniques.
Goal : Macro and Micro view of the Gas and Power, LNG sectors mainly.
Action : Collect and analyze market intelligence data, follow-up of counter-parties in the portfolio.
Tool : Familiar with competitive strategy analysis technique.
Goal : Support the development of the credit System, Cube, and related functions.
Action : Intern will be in charge of supporting the portfolio manager in the management of data and supporting new developments.
Tools :IT literate with some coding knowledge (e.g. Python).
This internship is for finance students in the final year of their master degree with solid finance background and knowledge of commodities markets.
· Previous experience on a Finance commodity trading organisation is a plus.
· Good communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Good knowledge of both French and English is required.
· Knowledge of Power BI and/or VBA is highly desirable.
· Only University sponsored applications will be considered.
· Due to restriction applied to work permits in Switzerland we can only accept applications from Swiss or EU citizens.
General Finance Responsibility
Internship - Credit Analyst
Gas Renewables And Power
Experience level required
Less than 3 years
Context and environment
Reactivity in a fast paced trading environment while abiding by corporate procedures.
Autonomy, high degree of international exposure.