Discovery is at the core of everything we do – whether it’s a great value, incredible style, or building long-lasting partnerships with people around the world. That’s what makes TJX different. You can find it all across our brands: TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, and Homesense. Every one of our brands has one thing in common: environments that are always changing. That’s just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships, and even about yourself. Come discover what different can mean for you.
Posting Notes: Framingham || MA
Senior Financial Analyst, TJX Digital Financial Control
Are you passionate about finance and retail? Are you someone that enjoys working in a growth oriented business? If so, we are looking for someone like you to join our Digital (e-commerce) Finance team!
This position offers an excellent place to learn from industry leaders and grow in your career! In this role, you will drive business decisions and make a significant impact on TJX's businesses.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Developing analytical models to forecast and understand short and long term trends in Inventory Flow and Margin Components
· Analyzing Gross Margin Components to provide relevant Executive Level guidance on business performance and areas of risk and opportunity
· Partnering with other areas of Digital Finance on the reporting and analysis of all Gross Margin Components and Inventory Positions and impacts on holistic P&L
· Forming relationships with operational partners across the business, notably, Merchandise, Operations, and Store Operations, to streamline and better forecast production levels and flow across the supply chain
· Delivering strategy and recommendations on various initiatives across all levels of Management
· Ensuring effective, efficient, and accurate reporting and analytical processes
· Working on various ad-hoc analysis to drive profitability, increase supply chain efficiency and merchandise flow
· Performing standard Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly reporting
Potential Projects (representative examples):
· Build Financial Forecasting Models
· Departmental Markdown & Clearance Analysis
· Merchandise Department Profitability Analysis
· Supply Chain Lead Time Studies
· Freight Consolidation Cost Savings Analysis
· 3+ years of financial analysis experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting preferred
· Excellent quantitative and analytical skills; experience reporting on large amounts of data
· Strong communication skills with an ability to acquire information and devise business solutions
· Able to concisely and effectively deliver results to management
· Ability to provide strategic recommendations to the business
· High level of curiosity to explore, learn and understand business information
· Strong sense of urgency around delivery of reports and project deadlines
· Self-starter with ability to prioritize individual workload
· Strong technical skills: proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required (i.e. pivot tables, power pivot, function logic and lookup/reference formulas and charts); Access or other data applications a plus
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That’s why working here is so much more than a job. When you’re a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people that work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff – competitive pay, great benefits, and a great group of people.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Framingham || MA
Nearest Major Market: Framingham
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Financial, Financial Analyst, Supply, Supply Chain, Finance, Operations