The Application Software Quality Assurance group within the Software Engineering Applications group supports the verification and validation of the home-grown and packaged applications used by the Tesla Business User Community. QA Engineers in these groups support functional validation of the application for new features and enhancements delivered to the business as part of an Agile process in bi-weekly sprints and monthly releases. Engineers also validate applications/modules end to end across various applications. Engineers use open source tools like Selenium framework with Python coding for building the automation regression suite that is executed for every sprint. Engineers are required to contribute to enhance the automation framework and work on CI tools. QA Engineers automate the micro services/API that are built for the application. Engineers automate the smoke test cases that are used as post-validation scripts after every successful production deployment. Engineers also use defect and test management tools to communicate the test status within the teams and to other cross functional teams. QA Engineers need to understand and validate the data by running SQL scripts against the DB Schema and ensure that the data that is displayed on the UI it sourced correctly from the database tables.
The QA Engineer will be involved throughout the development life cycle of the Tesla application development with particular responsibility of quality and emphasis on development and implementation of test automation. The Engineer will be involved in the creation of test scripts and test scenarios per the business requirement or user acceptance criteria and also conduct automated and manual tests (where necessary) to ensure that the software created meets requirements. The QA Engineer will be called upon to think “outside the box” and do exploratory testing where needed.
· Responsible to work independently on project tracks assigned to the resources
· Responsible to develop Test plans and test cases.
· Responsible for preparation of test data for Testing.
· The ability to work to aggressive deadlines
· Responsible for Testing Mobile apps
· Execute functional system and Integration testing, regression testing of Website, ERP, CRM and packages Application (MFG Experience is preferred)
· Develop Automated Test suits for Applications
· Verify the quality of data; ensure data coming in matches existing data, verify functionality and data output against requirements.
· Log, manage, and retest defects in bug tracking system.
· Report testing status, milestones and issues to project stakeholders.
· Keen attention to detail and be exceptionally good at identifying inconsistencies and flaws
· Support off-hours launch and monitoring of systems with IT teams as needed.
· Update and use Confluence page extensively for open knowledge-sharing.