At Tesla, we pride ourselves on the amazing and important mission we have as a company, namely to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. Delivering a first-class product means we need to get the best people to do the job and just get it done. As we are growing at ludicrous speed we have less resources than work, so you will have to push yourself. Therefore, the drive behind our growth are our people, because our goal is to be competitive and to be the best in all that we do.
The internship assignment
Tesla is seeking an intern to work directly for the European Manager of Indirect Purchasing. The intern will assist EU Assembly, IT, Marketing and Supercharger development in all purchasing related activities across Europe. He or she will be the central point of contact for all purchasing related queries internally. He/she will learn to create Purchase orders, respond to supply shortages and make sure that the purchasing process is as smooth as possible. The Purchasing team is very small, so the opportunity to make changes and improvements is considerable as well as the likely involvement in project work during the assignment.
Learning goals & Tasks
· Analysis of spend data for assigned commodities
· Providing analysis of existing requirements and pricing to ensure the most cost-effective options
· Analyze historical spend as well as forecast spend and savings by commodity/business
· Developing solid understanding of cost drivers
· Maintaining day-to-day supplier relationships
· Identifying and negotiate commercial cost reduction opportunities
· Responding to supply shortages
· Reviewing, analyzing and clarifying quote packages from suppliers
· Issuing new Purchase Orders for any commodity price changes
· Negotiating, evaluate and issue Purchase Orders