🔍Perth, Western Australia, Australia
📅 420Total Views
📅 1800037JRequisition #
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
TechnipFMC is a global leader in subsea, onshore/offshore, and surface projects. Our vision is to enhance the performance of the world's energy industry. Our purpose is to bring together the scope, know-how and determination to transform our clients' project economics.
TechnipFMC is uniquely positioned to deliver greater efficiency across project lifecycles, from concept to delivery and beyond.
As our business in Australia continues to expand, there is a current opportunity for a Subsea Production System Services, Controls Engineer to join the team.
This role will see you providing technical engineering support for planning and execution of subsea services related technical activities.
Technical support may be required during any of the following phases:
· Project Execution
· Services Onshore/Offshore Activity Execution
You will be required to take part in onshore/offshore controls activities and will be responsible for the technical ownership of the activity.
Your key responsibilities will be;
· Proactively participate in HSE initiatives and standards including Start Stops, JSAs and Risk Assessments.
· Provide Subsea Production System (SPS) Services support for assigned projects Act as technical focal point between TECHNIPFMC and customer for assigned projects.
· Participates in the Controls EFAT/SIT & collaborate with the product team during the FAT, pre-operational planning, onshore and offshore technical support, maintenance operations, troubleshooting field issues, root cause analysis and implementing preventive actions.
· To participate in Controls Product Group Design Review and responsible for the creation or updating of the relevant controls related (i.e ICP, TST, RPT, LST etc.) when required.
· Assist offshore planning and readiness reviews related to the TECHNIPFMC Control Systems to ensure all aspects of the offshore execution plan have been completed.
· Support the offsite or offshore testing, completion, intervention, commissioning, upgrades and/or troubleshooting of TECHNIPFMC control systems.
· Provide the onshore technical support for ongoing Controls related operations, troubleshooting field issues, root cause analysis and implementing preventive actions.
· Assist after action reviews related to offshore installation and commissioning in order to gather lessons learnt and implement actions as required.
· Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering
· Valid BOSIET training and MSIC
Knowledge, skills and experience
· relevant industry or TechnipFMC experience, including detailed knowledge of at least one related subsea product line.
· Topside system supplier or intimate knowledge of electro-mechanical systems
· Knowledgeable of electrical system, PLC/DCS system, industrial instrumentation, network communications & configurations, and a basic understanding of mechanical interfaces.
· Knowledgeable of hydraulic system, familiar with HPU, TUTU, UTH, SDU, Manifold & XT hydraulic system.
· Preferable experience would include SCM, 150/200/200E control system, ETU, SmartTool, Subsea distribution, topside controls, or network development.
· Good understanding of engineering practices, design methods and calculations
· Outstanding organization, project planning and communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work within a diverse team environment.
· Confident to present and communicate to all levels of internal and external personnel (including customer).
· Customer oriented attitude and the initiative and ability to work independently and work under pressure with minimal supervision
· Previous experience in SAP
· Spend 50% time in an office environment and 50% in workshop or field environment including offshore installations, interventions, commissioning and troubleshooting.
· May be exposed to possible hazards including pressure testing, high noise, electrical testing, heavy material lifting and movement.
· Operating computerized control system (electrical, electronic & hydraulic).
· Fast paced atmosphere with multiple and changing priorities. Frequent travel & some customer contact. Periodically required to be available by phone (24x7) to support urgent field requirements.