🔍Channelview, Texas, United States
📅 1042Total Views
📅 180002X2Requisition #
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
TechnipFMC is a global leader in subsea, onshore/offshore, and surface projects. With our proprietary technologies and production systems, integrated expertise, and comprehensive solutions, we are transforming our clients’ project economics. To learn more about how we are enhancing the performance of the world’s energy industry, go to http://www.TechnipFMC.com.
QHSES management plays an important role towards reaching Operations Excellence.This department is the fundamental key to establishing a safe and efficient operations to continuously improve performance.
Our integrated management system fully reflects the QHSES needs and is the primary means by which we systematically document, monitor and ensure we:
· Maintain a safe, healthy and injury free workplace with no accidents/ Incidents.
· Respect for an avoidance of damage to the environment.
· Maintain an integrated system in accordance with current international standards.
· Promote a culture for continuous improvement and hazard avoidance.
· Establish a Quality focus in the execution of all activities.
· Focus on QHSE risk reduction / elimination.
· Incorporate Client interface into our Integrated Management System (IMS – API Q1, 9001, 14001 and 18001).
· Comply with our clients’ requirements.
· Engage with recognized best practices.
· Establish a liaison with Group’s QHSES Teams.
· Member of the Site ELT (Extended Leadership Team)
· Responsible for providing leadership and guidance to the site wide organization with respect to the Integrated Management System (IMS – 9001, 14001 and 18001) and Best Practices.
· Sustainability and Ownership in the application of a high performance IMS is paramount to the long-term future of the role incumbent.
· Responsible to support the development of the HSES departmental operating strategy, hiring qualified resources to consistently execute the departmental strategy, making sure that departmental employees are trained and periodically re-freshed on HSES procedures and tools required to flawlessly execute in their roles.
· Must develop and maintain relationship with Manufacturing, Projects Team and Clients.
· Improve and Maintain Safety performance by utilizing Pulse leadership skills and maintaining a high visibility on the shop floor in line with corporate expectations of being a Reference Company in HSE.
· Perform frequent and regular tours of the worksite and provide coaching to workforce by maintaining high work standards and work ethics.Intervene when unsafe behaviors or hazards are observed or exist.Document in company database(s) and monitor for effectiveness.
· Participate in departmental risk assessments and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices, and develop hazard control practices.
· Effectively manage and implement Group HSES directives with guidance.
· Identify, promote and introduce methods of improving performance within the site and monitor results.
· Prepare and communicate monthly reporting of HSES performance.
· Responsible to propose methods of improving performance to site leadership team.
· Interface with clients and accreditation bodies for assessments of the site IMS as required.
· Recommend corrective actions to resolve any deficiencies and verify satisfactory implementation of agreed actions from internal audits and lessons learned.
· Monitor overall HSES performance & continuous improvement initiatives (6Sigma/Lean, ISO 14001 and 18001).
· Participate in the development of HSES packages requested for our clients, in the framework of umbilical projects.
· Client Inspector interface and main point of contact for the HSES Plan.
· Ensure that safety procedures and systems are maintained always.
· Staff development and training. Coaching, mentoring and appraisal of junior / trainee staff members.
· Apply and demonstrate TechnipFMC vision and values daily.
· Intervene to address unsafe conditions or behaviors.
· Maintain good working relationships with peers.
· Accept responsibility for your own behavior and actions.
· Know and comply with all safety policies, standards, and procedures that apply to your job.
· Actively participate in all required training.
· Assist in monitoring of the workforce on HSE matters.
· Conduct periodic industrial hygiene surveys and environmental audits.
· Lead and participate in the investigation of incidents (i.e. injuries, near misses, property losses, etc.)
· Implement Continuous Improvement projects to maintain an injury free workplace. (Note: Work with Michael to establish this list. Use 6 Sigma as your platform)
· Develop and coach HSE awareness and improvements in the department and workplace.
· Lead and facilitate the 5S+1(Safety) program.
· Analyze HSES records for continuous improvement initiatives and activities.
· Implement and lead improvement projects within the HSES Function to ensure Lean Manufacturing.
· Be a catalyst for leading change, by transferring the ownership and accountability for HSES into the appropriate functions at the site, through excellence in education, standardization and continuous improvement initiatives. This covers all aspects of the IMS spectrum including processes, systems and tools.
· Oversee and manage the Security element of HSES.
· Prepare presentation documents and statistics to report on during the HSES Forum.
· Facilitate the monthly Site-wides covering the HSES stats and relevant information.
· Lead and/or participate in Internal, Client and Supplier Audits.
· Facilitate the HSES portion during the morning production meetings.
· Assist in gathering HSES statistics and recommendations for improvement for Management Reviews.
· Bachelor's degree in safety, engineering, mechanical engineering, education or related field.
· Professional safety/environmental/training experience in manufacturing industry is preferred with certifications included.
· Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
· Knowledgeable in the application of government regulations regarding HSE with strong working knowledge of Environmental.
· HSE experience in related fields such as: Construction, production, drilling, chemical or manufacturing and any other applicable fields.
· Knowledge of ISO 14001 and 18001 is essential.Knowledge of API Q1, ISO 9001 would be a competitive advantage.
· Ability to think strategically and develop vision and implementation strategies.
· Proven track record in implementing changes in organizations.
· Excellent inter-personal skills and communication abilities.
· Extensive knowledge of HSES philosophy, principles and processes.
· Experienced working at all levels in an organization.
· Able to positively and constructively influence organization.
· Demonstrate spirit of entrepreneurship.
· OSHA compliance.
· ISO 14001 or OHSAS 18001 systems and auditing.
· TWIC Card, HUET or other relevant qualifications.
· PC word processing and spreadsheet software skills.
· Power point presentation building required.
· Good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
·Normal office and factory surroundings.
·Able to communicate effectively – both orally and written.
·Able to write clearly.
·Able to type.
·Able to proofread documents and numbers accurately.
· A certain amount of travel (Domestic/International) will be required due to the global nature of the business.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions.It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform.All employees of FMC are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.