🔍Houston, Texas, United States
Finance & Insurance
📅 2682Total Views
📅 190002QERequisition #
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
TechnipFMC is a global oil and gas leader, specialized in subsea, onshore, offshore, and surface technologies. Our mission: to enhance the performance of world's energy industry. How we do it: by constantly challenging conventions and investing in our 37 000+ employees, across 48 countries. At TechnipFMC, we aim to offer an inspiring working experience: tackling some of the most complex technical and engineering challenges in the world in collaboration with a truly global team.
This position will provide financial and strategical support related to R&D projects. This will include, but is not limited to, ensuring proper accounting treatment, control environment and financial analysis for projects that may be executed outside the US. Position will also provide financial analysis and reporting related to the Global R&D scope. Major function will be project accounting and financial analysis. This position is located at our Northeast campus at 13460 Lockwood Rd Houston, TX 77044.
· Manage R&D projects which includes:
· Understanding of project financial management
· Creating and maintaining billing milestones
· Tracking labor and material costs
· Understanding different commercial terms (cost plus, fixed price, times and material)
· Managing invoicing and collections
· Analyzing actual, committed and planned costs, and
· Reporting the forecast and budget to finance manager.
· Manage R&D consolidation and reporting which includes:
· Consolidating monthly global R&D results for both actuals and forecast
· Analyzing and working with various locations to understand trends and deviations to budget and forecast
· Monthly reporting of results
· Participate in month end closing.
· Preparing journal entries, reviewing projects and trial balances, and assisting with the monthly financial package.
· Maintain good control environment surrounding R&D projects.
· Drive process improvements in the month end process, billing process, reporting and operations.
· Proactively review established accounting practices and procedures.
· Implement changes where applicable in order to enhance the department's efficiencies and effectiveness.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration. CPA preferred.
• Minimum eight (8) years of related professional accounting experience.
• Computer skills with knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and financial analysis software. SAP experience preferred.
• Demonstrates ability to work independently and to solve non-recurring problems.
• Demonstrates ability to play key role in larger projects.
• High level of analytical ability is required.
• High level of communication skills is required to interact with all levels of management, to lead teams and to direct the work of others.
• Demonstrates leadership ability and proficiency in mentoring, thinking creatively, and project planning.
Office environment. Fast paced atmosphere with multiple priorities and constant change.
Frequent sitting and operating a computer.
Learn more about TechnipFMC
Learn more about us and find other open positions at our Career Page.
Follow us on LinkedIn for company updates.