🔍Paris, Ile-de-France, France
📅 910Total Views
📅 190002AORequisition #
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
Expert Corrosion Engineer (F/M)
TechnipFMC is a global oil and gas leader, specialized in subsea, onshore, offshore, and surface technologies. Our mission: to enhance the performance of world's energy industry. How we do it: by constantly challenging conventions and investing in our 37 000+ employees, across 48 countries. At TechnipFMC, we aim to offer an inspiring working experience: tackling some of the most complex technical and engineering challenges in the world in collaboration with a truly global team.
Introduction to the Job
At TechnipFMC, we deliver critical projects of a scale, scope and difficulty that you simply won't find anywhere else. We are looking for an Expert Corrosion Engineer (F/M) who can join our multicultural team in Paris
Within the Engineering Division, during the execution phase of Onshore/Offshore Projects, you will perform studies related to corrosion and selection of materials applied to structures, equipment and pipes.
Your main duties will be the following:
· Provide Discipline support in his expertise
· As a document checker, ensure consistent interpretation of in-house Materials & Corrosion Standards and Discipline workflow
· Capture lesson learned and best practices related to Materials & Corrosion technical aspects
· Expert in anticipating the Materials & Corrosion business risks consequences and provide advices to achieve optimum balance of technical, safety, operations, and integrity aspects
· Providing cost effective corrosion control and material selection of company engineering projects during design phase
· Ensure that material selection and corrosion mitigation strategies will enable to maintain technical integrity during the life cycle of oil and gas facilities
· Understanding of Engineering documentation: PFDs, MSDs, PIDs, Datasheets, General Arrangement Drawings, ISO Drawings and Inspection Reports
· Definition of Corrosion Monitoring requirements for material Requisitions and Technical Tabulations
· Development of Corrosion Control Philosophies, Corrosion Management Programs and Material Selection Reports
· Management of Corrosion Monitoring Requisition and Review Vendor documents taking into account schedule constraints
· Corrosion Rate Prediction with Modeling Software (ECE…)
· Providing on the job training, coaching & support career development for junior staff
You are meant for this role if you have/ are:
· Master's degree in Materials/Metallurgy/Corrosion or related field.
· 15 years' minimum experience in the Petrochemical and/or Oil & Gas industries. Other relevant experience will be considered.
· Solid knowledge of engineering processes for all types of contracts and more specifically for Corrosion studies.
· Self-managing, dynamic and responsive, you have excellent communication skills and work efficiently in a multi-cultural environment.
· Good and conversant in relevant technical networks, you possess excellent problem-solving skills in very challenging contexts.
· Fluent in English and are available to complete short assignments abroad.
Your future at TechnipFMC
· Potential career path, if possible
· Global mobility opportunities if relevant
· Training and development
· Diverse and international team if relevant
Learn more about TechnipFMC
Learn more about us and find other open positions at our Career Page.
Follow us on LinkedIn for company updates.