30 - Graduate Entry Level
Junior Technical sourcing Engineer (Sub components) M/F
ST is one of the worldwide leaders in Imaging sensor and time of flight (ToF) products for mobile & automotive application. Camera sensor and photonics products are made by the Imaging division (IMG) of ST. Some components inside Photonics products are coming from different external suppliers which are then assembled by ST to produce the final product for the customer.
The Supplier and execution of component industrialization for our ToF are followed-up and managed by the Technical Sourcing team located across 3 sites; Taiwan, Grenoble, Singapore.
The engineer for this position will be based in Hsinchu office in Taiwan.
Essential Job Functions:
He/She will have responsible for :
· Responsible for one, a few or a family of sub components: Plastic cap, lens, glass, liner, passives components, etc.
· Execution of component industrialization and on-time production bring-up of supplier to meet project deliverables (New Product Introduction)
· Supporting the supplier during the development phase, manage quality & capacity crisis at supplier site, feedback to the division, Q&A, operations.
· BoM price consolidation and Supplier price follow-up: Leverage on relationship, network and market analysis, to feed the purchasing organization with Cost breakdown and performance to help negotiating cost reduction
· Supporting & contributing to support global Advanced Sourcing activities: market intelligence, technology/innovation scouting, etc. Know component technologies for reduced cost or improved quality and reliability
· Supporting the team for transversal support (material codification, procurement SPEC, budgetary cost, etc.)
· Visit suppliers regularly to evaluate their capability to ensure delivery on time and higher quality Technical support for customer, suppliers, buyers and quality team
The job holder must demonstrate excellent communication skills and be able to influence and ultimately drive ST suppliers to secure the committed target deliverables.
The job holder will have to travel often in Asia (Suppliers and ST sites) and, occasionally, to Europe.
· Some years in semiconductors back-end operations, quality, supply chain management, sourcing and/or procurement
· Injection molding / Optical engineering experience.
· Preferred degrees include: Mechanical, Chemical, or Industrial Engineering. Manufacturing, Materials, Plastics, Polymers, or similar field
· Knowledge of manufacturing processes, industrial equipment, and concepts such as Design for Manufacturing/Assembly
· Supplier management experience, driving and challenging suppliers in terms of technology, delivery, cost…
· Project Management in an international /global context. Experience working in a high-volume manufacturing environment
· Ability to analyze problems, develop innovative solutions when required, and deal with ambiguity and frequent changes in priorities
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Energetic team player who is eager to learn
Asia-Pacific, Taiwan, Republic of China, Hsinchu
Education level required
4 - Bachelor degree
Experience level required
English (2- Business fluent)
Desired start date